Need to Up My Calories?

Options
I have discovered on the days days that I have gone over on my calories, I have lost more weight than when only eat the 1200 that are allotted. The times I have gone over, its been between 150 and 250. I have lost significantly more weight on a daily basis eating about 1400 calories as opposed to 1200. How do I change my calorie allowance on my food diary?

Replies

• MB2MN
    MB2MN Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Go to settings then goals and select the manual goals. Or you can switch the MFP calculation to be less lbs lost per week.
  • PositiveAngel
    Options
    Hi there

Just had a look for you, go to 'My Home' then 'Settings' then 'Diary/Fitness profile' then do custom that should work.

It's my first day and I'm so so hungry its horrible, tried fruit but thats made me feel worse!

I was worried and was going to lower my cal intake as I've got over 40 pounds to lose ( after having a baby!), is it true then if you DO eat a little more you lose less? My fiancé keeps telling me this.

Hope you get on okay if not let me know and I'll write it down before I type!! x
  • kelag297
    kelag297 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Isn't that weird?! I found the same thing for me too. I lose the most weight when I eat around 1500-1600 calories a day. 1200 was counterproductive for me. To change your calorie allowance if you're on the myfitnesspal website, not the app, click on where it says "My Home", and then click on "Goals". It allows you to adjust your calories and macros however you want them :)
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    Easiest way...change your goal from losing 2lbs a week to 1.5 or 1lb.

Weight however is not lost on one days worth of calories...it is an accumulated deficit.

My calories are set at 1580...I eat anywhere from 1200 to 1600...I average losing 1.5 lbs to 2 lbs a week. If I am hungry...I eat. If I am not...I don't eat just to get in calories. I probably average about 1450-1500 a day over a weeks time.