wine lover! Like minded peeps? Advice pls x

Options
My cal intake a day should be 1200. Would i lose weight if i had 3 days of 1500 and 4 of 975 as the cals per week would-be the same.
Weekends arnt the same without drinkle poos!

Any advice from like minded peeps.

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Do you do any exercise?
  • tillytwo1
    Options
    No I'm disabled.
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    My cal intake a day should be 1200. Would i lose weight if i had 3 days of 1500 and 4 of 975 as the cals per week would-be the same.

Any advice from like minded peeps.

I am curious as to how you came up with 1200 calories. For most women, this is the minimum amount of calories they should get for "good-enough" nutrition. If a doctor hasn't told you to stick to 1200, I would suggest looking around this site for some helpful information to calculate how many calories you can eat and still lose weight. I only say this, because I started out on MFP with very little knowledge about nutrition, determined to stick to 1200 and I was miserable! I don't want you to be miserable if you don't have to be.

That being said: A 4oz glass of wine typically has between 80 and 120 calories depending on the type/brand/etc. You should easily be able to fit a glass into just about any day. If you want more than 1 glass, I would seriously suggest upping your calories. Replacing too many calories with an alcoholic beverage at 1200 a day (even averaged throughout the week!) will seriously reduce the nutrients your body needs. Granted, wine has some vitamins in it, but not many. It is mostly carbs (which are perfectly fine, our bodies NEED some carbs!) BUT there are other sources of carbs that have tons of vitamins and minerals that your body needs (fruits and veggie and grains).

I am by NO means suggesting that wine is bad, wine is quite delicious and I drink wine fairly often. Wine is the giver of life. It is GOOD. I am simply suggesting that at 1200 calories a day, more than a glass or two of wine is going to end up taking the place of important vitamins that your body needs more than wine. If you can, up your calories and drink more wine!!
  • gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    Options

You will be fine. Averaging calories over a week works. You just need to be careful that on days with a deep deficit you avoid binging. You can focus on protein for calories on those days, since protein foods will help you feel full longer than high carbs.

But again, averaging over a week will be fine.

And I meant to ask, what is your wine of choice? I have 4 0unces every evening, mostly reds, but the occasional white.
  • jlshea
    jlshea Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I love wine too and just adjust my foods during the day if I know I'm going to want a couple glasses...like last night. The moscato tasted so good last night.
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I love moscato. I just budget for the calories to have my wine.
  • ceebeez1975
    ceebeez1975 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I love wine also I try to have a couple on a wednesday night and a couple on a friday after work- got to have some treats! Much prefer a wine than chocolate lol. Just add it into your calories and if you have too much, just cut back the next day. i should say try to have no more than two at a time and with food so you dont reach for the chips n dip or cheese and crackers as wine increases appetite. Also alcohol is a depressent so all in moderation
  • quietattheback
    quietattheback Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have been having my wine too :) i tend to have a very low cal lunch or a big breakfast and miss lunch so i can afford the calories for my much loved wine!
  • AmyML44
    Options
    I used to have wine almost daily but since I started trying to lose weight, I limit it to the weekend. I would rather have 3 glasses in one day than 1 glass a day for 3 days.
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I adjusted my goal to just lose 1 lb a week and my daily calories were uped from 1200 to 1340. Many days this relatively small increase in my calorie allowance has left me with the wiggle room to have some snacks I enjoy, which often includes a measured glass of wine. I try to do some light exercise everyday (walking) and that helps too, but even on days when I'm not able to I'm amazed at the difference this bit of freedom makes in my day. It helps me not to feel deprived of anything, which makes me feel like I can easily continue on this journey as long as I want/need to. It's helped me a lot and I'd recommend it highly. Also, less pressure to lose weight fast means I general exceed my goal of 1 lb a week...often times I still lose 2 or very close to.
  • tillytwo1
    Options
    Thank you very much for your informative reply. It was this site that told me I need to be on 1200. I can't do any exercises as I'm disabled. I did up my cals to 1400 but this site said I wouldn't lose weight on that.

I must say well done to you for your weight loss.
  • tillytwo1
    Options
    I'm new to this and don't seem to be able to reply to individual replies, so thank you all so much for your positive comments. I love a shiraz with my dinner and a pinot before bed! IT'm trying to keep off it in the week.
  • tillytwo1
    Options
    I used to have wine almost daily but since I started trying to lose weight, I limit it to the weekend. I would rather have 3 glasses in one day than 1 glass a day for 3 days.
  • tillytwo1
    Options

Me too!!!