Varying calorie consumption

Options
Hi

I'm just wondering if anyone has lost weight by varying their calorie consumption? MFP has my daily target set at 1200 but one day I will eat 1200 the next 1500 the next 1300 and 1800 at the most.

I am on week 1 level 1 of the 30 day shred and I'm just curious to see if I will lose weight like this or should I stick to the same amount each day?

Replies

• explorationerin
    Options
    I vary my calories at times, for example, im normally on 1450 a day but when its womans week i up it to 1650/1700 so i can fit in the cravings that naturally happen. I still lost 4lbs that week. My calories are never the same every day... the guideline is exactly that a guide. Try to aim for it as close as possible but dont beat yourself up for changing it at times.

Its about finding out what works for you.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I don't count calories, but yes my calorie counting varies. I IF, and on days I don't fast I eat however much I want. Sometimes that's a lot, other times not much. I just listen to my body.

I see absolutely zero point in following any kind of consistent caloric daily goal.
  • bdhanks
    bdhanks Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    and you're supposed to have 1 cheat day a week so that your metabolism stays up.