Chicken Breast nutrition

Options
I buy the "Eating Right" chicken breasts and on the label is says 110 calories for 100g (3.5 oz). That seems pretty low. Should I go by that when logging or just use the generic chicken breast?

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,013 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that's about right for skinless boneless. Personally I find it taste like, well nothing and if something is going to taste like nothing it better have low calories.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    The chicken breasts I eat are 120 calories for 4oz raw, so if yours is the raw weight that sounds right
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,220 Member
    Options
    Sounds right to me.
  • TarynAngeline
    TarynAngeline Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Oh...that's raw?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    The info on the pack will be for raw, yes. Because the nutrition for cooked totally depends how you cook it, so they won't predict that.
  • mrsbeck
    mrsbeck Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Be warned, each individual breast is probably more like 8-10 ounces. When it comes to meat, you gotta have a scale. Base your calories off the raw weight.

I bought a package of chicken breasts this week, and weighed each piece. The SMALLEST piece was 7 ounces. The biggest was thirteen. THIRTEEN. If I'd listed that as 4 ounce breast, my actual calories consumed would have been three times higher than what I logged. So, when I buy chicken (or beef, or pork) I weigh each piece before cooking, and cut it down if necessary to the serving size that fits my calorie limits.