Breastfeeding moms

Options
I just started my weight lost today and I was just wondering should i eat more then 1200 Calories (thats what its telling me 2 eat) and maybe someother tips if yall have any

Thanks,
Cassie :happy:

Replies

• HotMamaof2Boys
    Options
    I'm also a breastfeeding mom. I just added 300 extra calories to my diet plan. I'm not sure if that's right or not... but it's been working for me. If you have any more questions, just message me. Good luck!
  • lkelly
    lkelly Posts: 15
    Options
    I definitely would encourage you to eat more than that. When you go add your food in, type in "breast feeding" or "nursing mom" and it will add a negative 500 calories to your food journal. You need to eat those. Not sure what your stats are, but I'm currently nursing my 4 month old and I have a calorie goal of 1750.
    Hope that helps!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    If you know how many oz you are feeding (or can estimate), there is an entry in food (yeah, weird it's in food not exercise) but it will add negative cals to your diary so you can compensate the production energy needs. Just go to food entry and type breastfeeding.
  • Amanda421
    Amanda421 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    my ob doc told me to eat between 1600- 1800 calories a day ( i am 5'8, 186lbs). i am steadily loosing and still bf my 8 mo.