What fitness tracker do you guys have?

Options
I am trying to decide on a fitness tracker and am having a hard time. Which ones do you guys have? I like the bracelet kind.

Replies

• dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I use a Polar heart rate monitor.. specifically the FT40 model.

I like it because I don't care to know how much I burn all day just doing stuff. I want to know how much approx I burn when I exercise only and I use the heart rate monitor as a tool to make decisions on how much to eat during the day, whether a particular routine is working or not, etc,.

Some people like the bracelets where you can find out your "daily burn". I can't comment on that because I have never used it and personally don't feel the reason to do so. Hope my post helped in some way?

edit for spelling
  • kelseypalmer1614
    kelseypalmer1614 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've had a Fitbit for just over a month now. I LOVE it.

Tracks my steps, distance walked, calories burned, and sleep. Plus, I link it to my myfitnesspal account, so it logs all my food and water as well.

I thought I might be annoyed by wearing it all the time, but usually I just forget it's there, until I want to check my steps progress. I'm going to get a bunch of the other colored bands, so that I can have some variety with it.

The only thing that would make it better would be if it monitored my heart rate. But, I don't find that a necessity, so I don't mind that it doesn't have it.

All in all, it's a great tracker :)
  • EvenThatNameIsTaken
    Options
    I just got a New Balance N4 HRM with chest strap, and liking it ok so far. It's a bit hard to read while you're exercising, and operating it is a bit difficult until you memorize all the instructions (I'm still carrying the manual to gym and referring to an informative thread here on MFP), but I got it at a great price so I'm not going to split hairs. It's great for treadmill walking/jogging, but not great for strength training. And not suited for just wearing around all the time.

Just ordered a FitBit Zip to get a better idea of my daily activity when not exercising, and to motivate me to move around a bit more during the day. I chose this one because I've heard the bracelet ones will count things like typing or just moving your arms as steps, and I'm not cool with that. The plus about them is that they have easier to read displays (I'm going to look silly looking down my shirt at my bra, hehe)

Whatever you choose, it's great fun to have a gadget! Just know that most trackers are not entirely accurate and are more about the general idea than pinpointing exact activity. I've heard of one model (can't remember the name) that is extremely accurate as far as calorie burn, but it's like $200 bucks and I just can't afford that!

ETA: the reason I ended up with the New Balance N4 was an awesome deal on woot.com. I was looking at Polars before because they seem to get great reviews.
  • michael_j_w
    Options
    I Have LifeTrak c300. I find it very convenient! Tracks HR, steps, cals burned, etc. based on your stats (age, sex, weight, height). Also syncs up with an app on your phone, which I found very helpful!
  • Butrovich
    Butrovich Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    When I workout I use a Timex heartrate monitor. However, I also have Fitbit Flex that tracks my daily activity and sleeping patterns and I LOVE it.

Mike
  • Pete8400
    Pete8400 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've started using the Withings Pulse. Love it!
  • Soufre
    Soufre Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit and I really like it. It really foes track everything. But I want to get a HRM as well. Probably a Polar FT4
  • girlpaint
    girlpaint Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Until they make one that can measure sitting vs. standing, I'm holding off. I have standing desks at work and home, and as yet, none of them can measure the difference.

That said, if I did get one -- with all the research I've done -- I'd probably get a Fitbit One. It seems to be the most stable over a fair amount of time, user friendly, app friendly and easy-to-camouflage.

I'm waiting for one that is as good as the One, but also measures heartrate and sitting/standing.

Options
    I have the Jawbone Up bracelet. I love it. It keeps me on point with getting in 10,000 steps per day and I love that it tracks my sleep patterns.
  • bl1nk6
    bl1nk6 Posts: 175
    Options
    ive got SYNC BURN i cant get it to load up or sync with any other devices tho grrrrr
  • NancieFeatherston
    NancieFeatherston Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Fitbit Force! I love the thing... its motivational and helping get results and my commitment to move has been astounding even me! It syncs with MFP too.
  • Chewbacca262
    Options
    I don't have one yet but this one looks promising:

http://www.lg.com/us/fitness-activity-trackers/lg-FB84-BM-activity-tracker
  • MommyMcHeals
    Options
    I have a Fitbit and it has really motivated me to walk more. I'm parking farther away at the grocery store and walking places I would have driven in addition to getting regular exercise daily. it really does add up over the day, For some reason seeing those numbers on the Fitbit and the graphs on my dashboard on the website and trying to reach my step, mileage and calorie goals has really worked for me. And it is tiny so it is not cumbersome to have on your person. I have it synced to my Fitness Pal account and the calories I burn show up there. I highly recommend it.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4.

I'm planning on getting a FitBit.
  • WakkoW
    WakkoW Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    In last few years the activity tracking market has grown extremely, there are a lot of trackers you can choose from, but not all are worth the price. Here are the ones to choose from:

http://progressgear.com/activity-tracker-pick-top-2014/

Do you do anything other than post this link? I'm guessing you work for the company you are linking, which would make this post against forum rules.
  • Followingsea
    Followingsea Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit (daily tracker) which I find to be personally more useful than an HRM. I have the clip-on style, which is typically a bit more accurate than the wristband style.

I also have an HRM which I don't use, for the same reason dixiewhiskey doesn't use a daily tracker. I'm not interested in my exercise calories - I don't typically eat them back, since I don't work out hard enough to / don't believe my logging is accurate enough - but I DO want to eat to my TDEE calories, and since my TDEE varies significantly day to day, I use the Fitbit to track that.

It's worked for me, my bf, and my best dude friend (who is over 90 lbs down at this point!)
  • jallforme3
    jallforme3 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit one! I really like it, clip it on my bra or shorts. I use it mainly to track my steps throughout the day---and is great for when I go on runs outside/treadmill. It doesn't pick up biking or fitness classes very well though.

I recommend it very much so!! I like being able to see how much I move; and the correlation between how much more I can eat/not eat. Activity counts!
  • hazleyes81
    hazleyes81 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    i wear a Fitbit One pretty much 24/7 and a Polar HRM during my cardio exercise. I consider my Polar essential and my Fitbit is just for general guidance and motivation but I do still love it. It really does help me when I look at my numbers and can't deny I need to get off of my backside and go for a walk or something.