I have a long way to go

Options
I'm new and would like to lose between 140-150 pounds. I'm 40 years old and know it will not be easy. I'm pre-diabetic and sudden cardiac death runs in my family. I want to be here to watch my children grow up and be there for my family and have the energy to do the things I used to enjoy.

Thanks

Replies

• Sassyallday
    Sassyallday Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    So, what's your plan? Do you feel excited about making changes or anxious? Both are normal, by the way. :)
  • inspiredjen34
    inspiredjen34 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Today is a start. It takes one day at a time. There will be hard days but keep telling yourself that you can do it and by 12 weeks you will start to see results.
  • jlshea
    jlshea Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Think how great it will be when your doctor tells you that you are no longer pre-diabetic!
  • Tracie524
    Tracie524 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I also have a lot of weight to lose...130 pounds. I started las month and I have found MFP to be very helpful. Everyone has been really supportive and the logging of food and exercise helps a lot.
  • 1pandabear
    1pandabear Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are motivated and you also have your feet on the ground.
  • 4realrose8
    4realrose8 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    My food plan is to go lower on the carbs, focus on whole foods and include supplements to promote heart health, like minced fresh garlic, pomegranate, Vit. D, etc. I'm also planning to go swimming 3 times per week, although with the cold and snow it's hard to be motivated. I'm fortunate to have access to a therapeutic pool with 89 degree water for working out, and the water is gentle on my joints. As I progress, I will add other exercises. Right now I need to be focused on nutrition the most.
  • 4realrose8
    4realrose8 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome and support. :-)
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Swimming is a great form of exercise. Good luck!
  • crt714
    crt714 Posts: 19
    Options
    you started. you're on your way. diabetes runs in my family, and i've been fighting hypoglycemia for years. you have a support system here, girlfriend! you can do it!:smile: