I'm confused! Help

Options
I keep reading people saying they checked out others food logs, but I don't understand how you can do that. Can someone fill me in on how to check that. I'm curious as to see how others maintain their food throughout the day! Thank you!

Replies

• ghalliday
    ghalliday Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You can only look at your friend's food diaries....& only if they have made them public
    ...hope this helps :-)
  • jamielbeck
    jamielbeck Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hello :)
    Under MY HOME you go to SETTINGS and FOOD DIARY SETTINGS, your privacy settings are at the bottom. For you to be able to view someone else's you would need to be friends with them and they will have to allow viewing via the privacy settings.
    Hope that helps!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    You can only see people's food diaries if they have set the permissions that way. Diaries can be set to private (no one can see it except you), friends only, public (everyone can see it) or locked with a key.

If you go to somone's profile, you can see their diary if there is a "View Diary" button next to the "Add as a Friend" and "Send Message" buttons. Also, if someone is your friend and you can see their diary, when they finish their diary for the day and it is published to the news feed, it will have a "view diary" link.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Actually you don't have to be friends with someone if they chose to make the diary public. There are 4 choices that MFP users have in order of private to open:
    1. Make diary private (no one other than the user themselves can see the diary)
    2. Diary open but password required (friends would have to get the password from the user)
    3. Diary open to friends only (all friends can view the diary)
    4. Public (open to everyone on MFP)
  • asherid
    Options
    Thanks for the info! I wasn't sure how it worked and now I do. Thanks again. I'm on day 2 for 2nd time around after falling off the wagon and so far so good today! Have a great Day everyone!