How the hell did this happen!?

Options
I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm actually enjoying buying clothes. As a guy and a geek this is not normal! :-P
I'm also finding I'm buying more expensive clothes to look nicer now that I've lost all the weight. I find this incredibly funny because I've always laughed at people spending more than $12 for a pair of jeans or a shirt. I just spent $35 for a single pair of jeans and $30 on decent shirt! What the hell? :-)

Replies

• elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Bwa-Ha-Ha-Ha! Welcome to the OTHER side! :wink:
  • katsmeow77
    Options
    Good for you! It is nice to treat yourself every now and then. The better you feel about the clothes you're in, the more confidence you have. It shows to other people, as well. It's nice to look in the mirror and feel good about yourself, isn't it?
  • wanderinghorn
    Options
    that is awesome! Enjoy your new found vanity :happy: :happy:
  • juday3
    juday3 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Great job on losing weight! So now you can say your a geek that likes to look great!
  • pell53
    pell53 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Congrats, dude....that's what it's all about!
  • AmyJopp
    AmyJopp Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thats fantastic......GOOD JOB!!!! After all, you deserve it right!!!!! Happy shoppin!
  • ChuckgM3
    ChuckgM3 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm actually enjoying buying clothes. As a guy and a geek this is not normal! :-P
    I'm also finding I'm buying more expensive clothes to look nicer now that I've lost all the weight. I find this incredibly funny because I've always laughed at people spending more than $12 for a pair of jeans or a shirt. I just spent $35 for a single pair of jeans and $30 on decent shirt! What the hell? :-)

Next thing you know you'll be getting your chest waxed and hitting the tanning booth ;)
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    that is awesome! Enjoy your new found vanity :happy: :happy:
    Yep, this!
  • Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Options
    Congrats!! I'm sure that's a fantastic feeling. Well deserved .. enjoy!
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    LOL! I never buy expensive jeans but after my loss I bought a $125 pair. Guess what???? They are too big!!!!!! I kept losing unintentionally. OOPS!
  • elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options

Next thing you know you'll be getting your chest waxed and hitting the tanning booth ;)

SNORT! Yeah, right, like a tanned geek could ever maintain any credibility! (Yes, I know from my personal experience as a geek!)
  • Levahna
    Levahna Posts: 132
    Options
    That is awesome! I think when you feel better about yourself, you want to present yourself differently. I know many geeks who have spent a good amount on clothes :)
    Keep up the great work!!
  • ironmule2042
    Options

Yeah... I don't think so. I will go only so far!!! :-)
    Thanks everyone! Now I just have to figure out a way to afford to buy nice clothes and nice gadgets (I am a geek) at the same time... Hmmm...
  • millermichellelea
    Options
    You have worked hard and deserve to spoil yourself. I think it is the new found pride in yourself that makes you want to look your best! I find when I am at my "happy weight," (the weight I feel the best at) I spoil myself more often with new clothes, new haircut, new make-up, etc.

Plus - if you spend money on new clothes, it is more of a motivator to be able to stay fit, so you can wear them.
  • Lil_Leah
    Lil_Leah Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Bwa-Ha-Ha-Ha! Welcome to the OTHER side! :wink:

:laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!