UGH felt accomplished...now feel backwards

Options
before workout i weighed in at 137.5, after i weighed 136.9......i think the scale is wrong

note to self, no not eat after workout..lol. i made a smoothie, orange juice, yogurt, and banana....weighed self after...i now show at 139.

UGH!!!!! feels as if i took a huge step backwards.

BTW does anyone know how to paste a picture in the forums, or your blog? i tried it and did not work. Using photobucket.

Replies

• Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    this seem like disordered thinking to me.
  • wertgirlfor
    wertgirlfor Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    why are you weighing yourself so often?

weight fluctuates throughout the day; you're better off weighing yourself once a week, at the same time and in the same circumstances each time (usually in the morning after you wake up & go pee)

you'll go crazy if you worry about tiny fluctuations that ultimately mean nothing
  • JulieMGentile
    Options
    i just started today with a new diet and workout... just trying to get a feel for things.

new to this, so still learning how to go about eating and exercise.
  • Arranna1212
    Arranna1212 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Never weigh yourself after eating... of course you are going to weigh more because the weight of the food is in your body now. Plus.. with that kind of thinking and the amount of times you are weighing yourself, you're just going to stress yourself out. Just weigh yourself 1 a day, in the morning, and take into consideration when the number pops up.. ex : Did you eat more than the day before? Did you eat more sodium? Have you had a bowel movement yet? Your weight will fluctuate and it's normal to gain or lose 1-4 pounds every morning. Just calm down lol.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Lord yes, please put the scale away for a while. Log your food, get some exercise in and give it some time. There's a thread somewhere with instructions on how to post photos, try using the search function at the top of the forum page.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Ehrm...that was the smoothie in your belly. Weigh in once a week at the same time of day. My weight can vary up to 8 pounds from morning to night which is why I weigh in in the morning after using the restroom

Edit...please DO eat after a workout, you need to replenish your body.
  • Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Julie. I only weight myself once a week (Saturdays before I eat and after a poop!). I have in the past weighed every day or 'just to see' in the am then again at noon etc. My weight fluctuates 3, even 4, lbs sometimes throughout a day. Fight the temptation and try once a week. Also remember that its not just what is on the scale. If you are trying something new take your measurements now and see the changes in 4 weeks.
  • JulieMGentile
    Options
    ty all for being helpful. feeling anxious today, so iam way over shooting all of this. tomorrow shall be better. :) I got the Jillian Micheals 30 day shred :)
  • dclark566
    dclark566 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Don't weigh yourself so often!!! It is going to fluctuate!
  • mrsjenfrank
    mrsjenfrank Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    As women, I have heard our weight can fluctuate as much as 5lbs depending on time of day and what not. Best thing to do is pick a time (I usually do a half hour to one hour after waking) to do weigh-ins and be consistent with that. I know there are people who weigh daily, but I usually weigh once a week and find it doesn't mess with my mind that way. Daily weighing can do that, if you aren't careful!

Good luck on your journey! :)
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    lol... u are screwing with yourself! ONLY weigh in the am after u pee. That's it!!!:huh:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    You've weighed yourself three times in a single day?!

CHILL THE EFF OUT

Once a month is plenty. Eat well, exercise and trust the process.
  • scottkjar
    scottkjar Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    What are you confused about? You ate, and your weight went up. You worked out, and your weight went down. Seems intuitive to me. The only thing that looks odd is the 6/10 of a pound you lost by working out. You would need to burn 2100 calories for that to occur.
  • JulieMGentile
    Options
    ok, ok, lol...i get it :tongue:

very much overwhelmed with excitement, it caused me to over think. just cant wait to see improvement, iv never tried to actually eat healthy and wok out.
    :tongue: :love: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    While I totally get weighing often. Your smoothie wasn't that many calories. (nor did you lose a pound working out)

Do this: get up tomorrow, pee. weigh, then drink some water, have some coffee and weigh again.
    Same thing.

Use the scale to see patterns, not get neurotic. If it makes you nuts, don't weigh but once a week or month.

Good luck, and relax.
  • dogo187
    dogo187 Posts: 376
    Options
    at the start of the day I am usually 160lbs...by the end of the day I could be up to 6lbs heavier...did I gain 6lbs in one day? Not likely...

Stay off the scale..once a week is enough...
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Never weigh yourself after eating... of course you are going to weigh more because the weight of the food is in your body now. Plus.. with that kind of thinking and the amount of times you are weighing yourself, you're just going to stress yourself out. Just weigh yourself 1 a day, in the morning, and take into consideration when the number pops up.. ex : Did you eat more than the day before? Did you eat more sodium? Have you had a bowel movement yet? Your weight will fluctuate and it's normal to gain or lose 1-4 pounds every morning. Just calm down lol.

This
  • JulieMGentile
    Options
    See i have no clue about dos and donts when it comes to any of this, so any help thats offered is greatly appreciated.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Well, if you eat or drink something, where do you think it goes? Definitely take a look at the link Amber posted.