You went over by how much?

Options
2»

Replies

• venus_blue
    venus_blue Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Since I started back on MFP this year the most I have gone over was 760 calories on Super Bowl Sunday. I had planned to go over and didn't worry about how much it was. It was mostly worth it, especially the cupcake and cookies! But I planned well and my weekly average was still 30 calories under my goal. I planned to be over yesterday for Valentine's day, but surprised myself by staying under. If I go over without planning, I just log it and move on. In fact today I probably will go over, because my hubs bought yummy carrot cake!
  • forever_winter18
    Options
    it's fine to binge once in a while i heard it actually can help your metabolism go a little faster the next day :)
  • KristinaB83
    KristinaB83 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I don't think I can count that high...

No, but really, probably around 20k... I've eaten an entire chocolate mousse cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory by myself... It was a glorious day.
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Sadly I binged just last night... said oh well, and just stopped logging for the day... I suspect 1000 over but have no idea. Probably better I don't know for sure. Bad I know, but instead of quitting right there and then or feeling bad today I just continued on my plan when I woke up this morning. Last night is no big deal in the grand scheme of things as long as I can get over it quickly and get right back on track. One day at a time... I live by this now.
  • SlopesK
    Options
    This is great to see people honestly discussing their uh oh - I lost it- unhappy munching days. Because everyone else can admit it, I can too.

The worst were days reaching around 8000 cals (none being healthy), and then there have been far more days around 3000 cals. The best way of handling these troubles has been sitting down afterward and listing foods eaten, counting up calories, writing anything to reflect and consider the occurrence. It's hard and embarrassing work, but after thinking about it, goals and priorities become more clear. I use eating as a scapegoat, but the goal is to get out of that terrible habit.
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Went over my tdee by 1000! But oh well, getting back into the routine today.:)
  • DirtyCurvesAhead
    Options
    Today I am over by almost 1000 cals. I enjoyed every bite and will not reduce my cal goals to compensate!
  • Goldeeloks615
    Goldeeloks615 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hmmm.. so like one of the previous posters, I too stopped counting at 3,500 calories! I was new, I exercised the next day but didn't go off the deep end and it never occurred to me to live off of a stick of gum. LOL!

I called it an experience and just moved on. Of course, I've taken a little closer look at the things I enjoy now AND I've discovered that I really enjoying cooking! Okay, there is a learning curve on roasting red peppers! EWWW ... peeling the skin off is a little on this side of ICK! This might be a task that Chevy's does better and that I can call a treat once a month!

Co-workers I think have set out to see how they can tempt me.. but I've found that bringing an orange or apple, or whatever is my 'safe' food that week, helps curb those carbs I don't want and look forward to that dessert that I do get to enjoy with my SweetieHeart!
  • Annamarie3404
    Annamarie3404 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I went over by 600 calories today. I had a filled doughnut at over 500 calories and 3 cappuccinos. I'm trying not to feel guilty. Especially since I can't exercise tonight.
  • bloggymomx
    Options
    I binged last night too. One of my friends asked if I wanted to go to TGI Fridays to celebrate how much men are jerks and I was like SURE. I ended up eating...too much. Thankfully I've come to terms with the fact that I'm not going to beat myself up when I binge. I will just make sure it doesn't happen again.
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was at least 1000 over my goal, today might be a couple hundred. But I'm just getting back on track after a horrendous start to 2014 (and not just health wise).

Sadly there are sweets galore sitting in my kitchen that I cannot bear to throw away (and would frankly be in trouble for doing so).
  • scottkjar
    scottkjar Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    My target is 1650 (500 calories deficit). I occasionally go over 3000. Once in a great while, I am over 4000. But I often find that the next day, I am not hungry at all, and the day after that I am only slightly hungry. So even on those really bad days, it averages out okay over about 3 or 4 days.
  • mgracev4
    mgracev4 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    i am probably going to go over my goal by 3000 tonight. I will stare long and hard at those numbers, write a note at the bottom of my food diary to remind me why i overate today, insert an obscene word or two, and move on.