Water- How to make myself drink more?

Options
I've found a few tricks to get me into it- finding some nice reusable water bottles that I like, adding lemon to the water, making straws available as I tend to drink more with them... also sometimes I add water enhancers. I also try to make water the most convenient option. I'm having a hard time making sure I hit that 8-10 glasses a day range that I need to be in- usually I'm between 2 and 5. I've stopped drinking sodas entirely- that was a big problem for me, and so was my long-time love chocolate milk (I'm an adult, I promise!). Drinking the wrong things isn't a problem- I barely touch the bad stuff anymore. But I find that I'm often not drinking enough, if at all, and I know this is bad for me. Sometimes I think about my organs and guilt myself into a glass of water.

Has anyone else had difficulties getting into the water-drinking groove? What did you do to make yourself drink and want water? Just looking for new ideas.

Replies

• george7527
    george7527 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hi I"m sure Green tea can be included it"s full of the good stuff
  • Areneholmes
    Areneholmes Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Well, that's good news to me. I do drink a glass of green tea here and there. =)
  • Leoness726
    Leoness726 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have a 52 ounce cup from QuikTrip that I reuse over and over. I try to make sure I fill that up at least twice a day with ice water. I think having a big giant cup next to me that I can absent mindedly drink throughout the day works a lot better than if I have to actually get up to get another glass of water 4-8 times a day, because I'm pretty sure I wouldn't.
  • CountDown321
    CountDown321 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different on how to get their water in. You dont actually need the 8-10 cups per day like you've been taught since you were a child. It also sounds like youve got the basic tips most people are going to give you covered already.

The other two things Id suggest is variety (in flavors) and reward yourself for meeting the goals you set.
  • sabrina9224
    Options
    To try to fit in more glasses of water, I drink a glass first thing in the morning, and last thing before bed. I find it refreshing, and it cleans out your system! I've also heard online that drinking lots of water keeps your skin and hair more moisturized and revitalized (compared to not drinking water). Another I heard from a talk show on the radio was that you should drink nothing with a meal, and drink water 30 minutes after eating to help with weight loss. I'm not too sure about how accurate that is so I'm just throwing it out there.