before and during pics

Options
kel913
kel913 Posts: 30 Member
Morning :)

Just a little background about my journey so far, I really started using MFP properly last year in October, I did well for a few weeks but then did my usual and started obsessing a bit with the scales and when it wasnt saying what I wanted it too I got fed up, plus I was under pressure to lose weight for my sister's wedding as my bridesmaids dress was a size too small. This all resulted in me slipping slowly back into my old ways by November and then over Christmas I thought sod it! I ended undoing the stone (14lb) that I had lost since the beginning of Oct.

First week in January I finally felt in the right mind set to get back to it, but this time I have made a massive decision to only weigh monthly! I have taken two progress shots so far, one 8 days ago and one today, I sat and compared them with one of the progress pics from back in Sept and Im shocked at how my body has changed, especially in the past 8 days as its such a short space of time in the grand scheme of things!

My sisters wedding was on the 25th January a week before i was due to weigh in, I had already had the dress taken out only two week before as it was too small! I put it on on the wedding day and it was actually too big, to the point where I wouldnt have needed it taken out, felt a bit bad for my sis as she had paid £65 to get it altered! Anyway that was a massive boost and I def feel like weighin in monthly is def for me as I am having to take more notice of my body in order for me to see the results!

So anyway, on to the pics, please excuse my hair and face, these were all taken first thing on a morn so I hadn't done my hair or make up and I actually hate having my pic taken haha! (hope they work!);

This pic was in sept when I had lost some weight I was 17st 8lb. I then put weight back on and when I weighed myself on jan 3rd I was back up at 18st 9lb

2lxujc2.png

This pic was taken 8 days ago, a week after my first weigh in and I had lost 1st 1lb (15lb)

wumem9.png

And finally these were taken this morning, I havent weighed for two weeks and im not due to weigh until the end of the month but I hope you'll agree that the weight is coming off?

4rxb8g.png

So still a long way to go but I have neve felt this positive before and I def think keeping away from the scales is the way for me!

Replies

• LynneW1983
    LynneW1983 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    You look much smaller in last. Your stomach has gone down a lot. Well done. That's good you have found a system that works for you. I weigh everyday, don't know if I could break the habit. Good luck on rest of your journey.
  • annael25
    annael25 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I can definitely see the weight loss, especially in your stomach area! You look great. :) Congrats on your journey thus far! I try to only weigh once every week, but sometimes I get obsessive.
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Wow, Kel you can see a huge difference around your middle already. Well done. Its great that you've taken pics to motiviate yourself. I do have 'before' pics but will wait until I get to my goal before my next set. I weigh myself once a week but I'm also doing my measurements each month as I'm hoping when my weight loss is slow (I have about 20lbs to lose) this will help keep me motivated. Keep going x
  • wendyg311
    wendyg311 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Great job! It's happening.........
  • Tiner177
    Tiner177 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You def look much smaller in the last....thank you for the inspiration!!!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    I can definitely see the weight loss. Good for you!!! This was encouraging for me.
  • kel913
    kel913 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Aw thank you all so much, its definitely encouraging that you can all see it too, sometime I just worry that its wishful thinking! Glad my story so far had been inspirational, I find this forum helps me stay motivated and in chuffed that im helping other people too! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!