prune juice

Options
so , i had trouble going potty yesterday and decided to have prune juice to help out. i realised that i like the taste of the juice and thinking it would be good for me in the going dept ,had 12 oz yesterday.But my tummy was crampy and was making lot of noises in the night. was a kind of unpleasent night. did i have too much of it? how much would be ok in a day? help !!!!

Replies

• lukasmac
    lukasmac Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    hehe... you can't overdose on prune juice or it would be prescribed with warnings...

prune juice works for some and not for others...

you wanted to get some movement going on so why are you worried about noises and movement in that region...

be happy its working :)
  • ktbdaviper
    Options
    My mom told me it works best warm but idk (lol) try 8oz next time you should be fine!!!
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I found this - wanted to know too because I occasionally have a glass.

How much prune juice can one drink in 1 day?
    You can drink a cup or 2 every week to treat the occasional case of constipation as we said. If you drink it almost everyday, it's not going to endanger your health by any means - you'll just get diarrhea :) In general, we recommend just 1 cup a day, nothing more. But as we mentioned before, chronic constipation is a sign there are toxins stuck in your colon, and that you need to consider doing a colon cleanse with DrNatura Colonix, or making your own fiber shakes.
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options

.But as we mentioned before, chronic constipation is a sign there are toxins stuck in your colon, and that you need to consider doing a colon cleanse with DrNatura Colonix, or making your own fiber shakes.

Constipation can also just be from a combination of lack of fibrous foods and not enough fluids in your diet. I used to have problems when I ate a lot of dairy (cheese) and wasn't drinking enough water. It isn't always toxin related.

Edited to note: I know you found that online and it wasn't your comment :wink:
  • vaavamom1
    vaavamom1 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    hehe... you can't overdose on prune juice or it would be prescribed with warnings...

prune juice works for some and not for others...

you wanted to get some movement going on so why are you worried about noises and movement in that region...

be happy its working :)

: - ]