Which bean best for fatloss

Options
Hi,

I am unable to find out which bean is best if I want to loose my bodyfat % just by eating.

I have these two beans

Black beans

which has

energy : 112 kcal
protein : 8.7 gram
fat : 0.5
carb : 18.2
fiber : 3.6

and white beans

energy : 66 kcal
protein : 4.3 gram
fat : 0.7
carb : 10.5
fiber : 4.5

Should I just care about the calories or does it help that black beans has about twize as much protein at the same calories.

Hope someone is able to help find out what to look for.

Or maybe a better bean, these are just the 2 I bought last time I was at the supermarket.

Replies

• rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about the bean, man. It's all good. Eat your favorite.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    The one that makes you lift heavier.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about the bean, man. It's all good. Eat your favorite.
    What she said.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    No particular food of any variety is "best" for fat loss. What you need is a calorie deficit.

Buy a food scale. Set a reasonable calorie goal. Stick with it.
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Coffee beans man, coffee beans.

I don't think you are comparing equal servings. Pay attention to dry/cooked/etc.

As the other said, eat the one you prefer...or mix them up...or alternate...or...puree them to get grey beans!
  • VeganHippieLady
    VeganHippieLady Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    No particular food of any variety is "best" for fat loss. What you need is a calorie deficit.

this
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    Coffee beans man, coffee beans.

I don't think you are comparing equal servings. Pay attention to dry/cooked/etc.

As the other said, eat the one you prefer...or mix them up...or alternate...or...puree them to get grey beans!
    Grey beans. Like.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Um are you serious?

8k25b8T.gif

A calorie deficit is what is required not magic beans.

OP this link will help a lot more...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

ETA: Coffee is the Bees knees though!

My bad you were inquiring about which has better macro/cal values...well really it is dependent on how focused you are on macros vs cals. Regarding coffee unless you are consuming an extremely large quantity I mean your body weight in coffees, I don't think this will have a substantial or measurable impact on your fat/weight loss.
  • scottkjar
    scottkjar Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Your numbers for white beans are probably wrong. You only show 0.5 carb but 4.5 fiber. Fiber is a sub-set of carb, so your total carb has to be greater than or equal to your fiber.

It looks like, for approx equal calories, one bean has more fiber than the other. See how that fits into your macros. Getting extra fiber is generally helpful.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Try lentils instead of beans, more protein.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am unable to find out which bean is best if I want to loose my bodyfat % just by eating.

I have these two beans

Black beans

which has

energy : 112 kcal
    protein : 8.7 gram
    fat : 0.5
    carb : 18.2
    fiber : 3.6

and white beans

energy : 66 kcal 132
    protein : 4.3 gram 8.6
    fat : 0.7
    carb : 10.5
    fiber : 4.5

Should I just care about the calories or does it help that black beans has about twize as much protein at the same calories.

Hope someone is able to help find out what to look for.

Or maybe a better bean, these are just the 2 I bought last time I was at the supermarket.

Sorry what - the bold part. They have roughly the same amount of protein for the same amount of calories:noway:
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    :flowerforyou:
  • steengod
    steengod Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I guess I have to change my dinner to breakfast, if I am going to change the beans to coffee beans, if I am to get any sleep that night. :drinker:

They taste the same, as I use them in a tomato sauce.

Just thought I could be lucky and reach my goal on lowering my bodyfat by 5% 2-3 weeks earlier.

It is not that I am thinking about using 2 portions of white beans in the disch, but just 1 of them
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    the only ones that work are magical beans….
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

so your saying those magical beans I bought from that guy on the corner are not going to do the trick?