Astrology diet....

Options
Hello everyone. I am not an astrology freak but I do enjoy reading them for entertainment.

I found this site which almost fits me.... hope you enjoy it :smile:

http://www.sharonward.co.uk/articles/moonsign-diet.php

Anyway, I am 49 years with approximately 50lbs to lose. I am impatient and give up too easily. I am also a perfectionist or maybe anal retentive is a better word whereas I will begin again and again and again (this isn't my first time here). I found out that other members have created and deleted their accounts as well, which doesn't make me feel as crazy.

I really want to stay this time and make this work. Losing this weight is all I think about.

Maybe with your help and support and of course my own confidence, I can make this work.

Replies

• rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Ha! I enjoyed the link. I just started about 7 weeks ago and I'm a little surprised (and proud) that I'm still around. I gave myself the first month to ease into exercise and I was very gentle on myself as I got used to tracking. It takes time to get the hang of it!

I wish you the best and hope you find what works for you this time!
  • QueensGirl83
    QueensGirl83 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Fellow Sag here. I found it interesting.
  • yasminedanielle14
    Options
    Hi Sag2015,

This isn't my first time here either, it's my 3rd! Last time I think I lasted a week, then gave up when I didn't see instant results and kept dreaming about Indian food haha. Anyway, I'm almost 24 with around 41lbs to lose, and I'm determined this time after collecting my developed holiday photos and not being able to show them to anybody because I look like a whale. I'm sure we will get there in the end! :)

I also found your link very interesting, and also very true! As a lazy, indulgent Taurean I could definitely move around a bit more and eat a lot less sugar haha.
  • mamasjourneytofit
    Options
    Moon sign is Aries. Interesting read for sure...
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good luck!
  • Sag2015
    Options
    Moon sign is Aries. Interesting read for sure...

It seems as if my whole family is Aries! They're all crazy too :wink:
  • Sag2015
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good luck!

Thank you!! :smile:
  • 4MissRose
    Options
    Astrology is fun! Welcome aboard. :smile:
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Taurus here and I am supposed to adore wine......
    tumblr_m9r6bo3DTB1qhbggz.gif
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I always find it fascinating when people say they are fussy or perfectionists but follow astrology.
    I don't know my moon sign, but I'm certainly not putting my name, date of birth and email into a strange site to find out.

Imagine if someone used an email that they use for something else like banking details!!!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    This sounds juicier than the blood diet...

tumblr_lx1v0hMln31qh01r8o1_500.gif
  • Sag2015
    Options
    I always find it fascinating when people say they are fussy or perfectionists but follow astrology.
    I don't know my moon sign, but I'm certainly not putting my name, date of birth and email into a strange site to find out.

Imagine if someone used an email that they use for something else like banking details!!!

Name and DOB? What site are you looking at? You just click on your sign. And who said I followed it? Grouch. :huh:
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Well that article couldn't have been more more wrong about me.

Guess I'm a special snowflake :laugh:
  • IronSmasher
    Options

Name and DOB? What site are you looking at? You just click on your sign. And who said I followed it? Grouch. :huh:

I said I don't know my sign.

Not everyone has their various signs memorised and are so devoted to astrology that they post links on fitness websites just to get more followers for their beliefs.
  • Sag2015
    Options

I said I don't know my sign.

Not everyone has their various signs memorised and are so devoted to astrology that they post links on fitness websites just to get more followers for their beliefs.

Hmmm, alrighty then.. Good day to you.

Just in case you get a bit curious:

Aries - March 21 - April 20
    Taurus - April 21 - May 21
    Gemini - May 22 - June 21
    Cancer - June 22 - July 22
    Leo - July 23 -August 21
    Virgo - August 22 - September 23
    Libra - September 24 - October 23
    Scorpio - October 24 - November 22
    Sagittarius - November 23 - December 22
    Capricorn - December 23 - January 20
    Aquarius - January 21 - February 19
    Pisces - February 20- March 20

:tongue:
  • IronSmasher
    Options
    I think those are sun signs?

I thought the subject was moon signs. My mistake.
  • Sag2015
    Options
    I think those are sun signs?

I thought the subject was moon signs. My mistake.

Just goes to show how astrologically knowledgeable I am :wink:

Oh crap, I googled this: Your sun sign is determined by the month and date of your birth. The moon sign is the sign that the moon was in at the time of your birth, which could be any of the other 11 signs including the same sign as your sun. So you could have Aquarius sun, Aquarius Moon and Aquarius rising.

So my moon sign may not even be Sag. :huh:
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Let it be stated firmly and clearly that I no longer believe in personality traits being determined by the placement of stars. That said, I used to.

Here. For funsies. http://www.lunarium.co.uk/moonsign/calculator.jsp
  • Sag2015
    Options
    Let it be stated firmly and clearly that I no longer believe in personality traits being determined by the placement of stars. That said, I used to.

Here. For funsies. http://www.lunarium.co.uk/moonsign/calculator.jsp

Apparently my moon sign is Taurus, interesting. I used this site http://astro.cafeastrology.com/cgi-bin/astro/natal

The things I'm learning today :bigsmile:
  • IronSmasher
    Options
    Just pick the ones that makes you happy?

The thing is, astrology has to be complicated though. How else could you justify charging hundreds of dollars for a phone consultation?