Struggle with eating less

Options
2»

Replies

• Str0ng_Heart
    Options
    I'm 5' 7" and my goal weight is 145 lbs. If those are truly your measurements, you must look awesome! I say ditch the boyfriend who only seems to be making you feel bad about yourself and learn to love and accept yourself for the beautiful person you are. :flowerforyou:

THIS!!!!! You are not 100 over weight or anything! Wtf.. You are beautiful inside and out! I think you need to have a sit down with him! Also fiber and switching to whole grains keeps me very full.. I eat 1300 to 1400 a day.. and I am not hungry.. Research healthy foods that keep you full.. go from there.. but do it for YOU!!!
  • caitconquersweight
    caitconquersweight Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Your boyfriend sounds like a major douche. Wanna know something that's awesome for you and depressing for me? I measured my thigh today. It was 38". Lol look, one of my thighs is as wide as your bust and hips. Your measurements sound perfect. Sounds like you need to drop him like he's hot. Focus on you, you don't need to lose weight for anyone but yourself.
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you need to lose some weight -- that is -- the weight of the douche that you are dating.
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options

He is very nice and always says that I look beautiful and doesnt say ''lose weight'', but he means it indirectly.

Thank you all, all my depression comes from the pressure I feel to live with a man that doesnt compliment me enough and that obviously doesnt think I am sexy. ( I was a make up and hair model before, at least my face and hair are beautiful haha, as stupid as it may sound

Which is it though; he always says you look beautiful or he doesn't compliment you enough? C'mon, girl, you need a self-esteem adjustment and maybe change your expectations a bit. If he's real nice, as you claim, are you SURE you're not putting words in his mouth? Absolutely sure? Because thinking some thinner chicks are hot is NOT a crime, because some are hot!

Now if the sex sucks and can't be fixed, run like hell.

Edit: By any chance do you tell your boyfriend about the 2-3 men who ask you out per week?
  • melladell
    Options
    Thank you for the answers again. Also : I dont follow his "tips", because he is not that into healthy eating. He was a bodybuilder years ago and won a strenght competition, but he eats all the junk he wants, he is just big and muscular, not very ripped. He looks good and a lot of women like him, but I am healthier than he is.
    Sorry for the emotionality, it is not a forum for personal problems, but I wanted to share with someone, since I dont feel comfortable to say it to my girlfriends. Somehow....

Wish you good luck and if you need some support or weight loss buddies, feel free to add me.
    :)
  • melladell
    Options
    rockmama, ^^ No, I dont tell him, because I dont want him to feel insecure. I want him to believe he is the only one for me, because it is true.

I meant he is really nice, he doesnt push me or tell it directly. He tells me I am pretty after we argue or he sees that I am upset. I told him "do you think I am fat?", he said "no, but you are not slim". We watched the video of Beyonce and Lady Gaga Telephone and I said > I like Beyonce here, she is so sexy. And he said: I like Lady Gaga, she is so fit. You like Beyonce because you want curves also.

This kind of comments make me explode.

P.S. Thanks for the tips, the sex sucks, because I no longer find him sexy because of the comments he makes on body image and he obviously doesnt find me attractive also. He says "I have a lot of work now, we could fix it", I say "No problem, you mean a lot for me, I could wait" but the time doesnt help.
  • writergeek313
    writergeek313 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    It's your body, so you get to decide what you want it to look like. 145 is definitely a healthy weight for a person your height. Maybe you simply want to work on muscle definition/toning rather than weight loss? Whatever you decide, do it for YOU, not for anybody else.

Some people (I don't want to say guys here, because I know it's not just guys) will nitpick no matter what. Be very careful around people like this, because after awhile, they can really wear down your sense of self-worth. You feel like you're always trying to please them. Say you get back down to the weight you once were, then what will he want you to do?

Do what's best for you, physically and emotionally--always. It's not selfish to take care of yourself. It took me way too long to learn this!
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    A BIG thanks to all of you, who answered me! I appreciate every answer!

Now a little bit more from me:
    I myself want to lose a bit, but just a little bit. I also began taking the pill because of my boyfriend and he told me that since taking it he can't catch my *kitten* with one hand any more, it is getting bigger. Its just not true, because I have always been this size.

He is very nice and always says that I look beautiful and doesnt say ''lose weight'', but he means it indirectly. For example he makes compliments of how slim another woman is or how beautiful and always likes some skinny *****es.
    I was once 120 Pounds and looked veeeeery very skinny and he said: ''Why dont you get down again'', ''I like you on this picture, you look very good''. I am not the kind of person who makes something for someone else. But this time I think I got crazy obsessed and now thinking about it I should really stop. Every week at least 2-3 men ask me to go out and tell me I am very beautiful, but not my boyfriend. Also our sex life sucks now. (ughhh, writing this makes me actually see how blind I am/was....)

Anyway... I really want to lose a bit, but he was a big motivation for me.

Thank you all, all my depression comes from the pressure I feel to live with a man that doesnt compliment me enough and that obviously doesnt think I am sexy. ( I was a make up and hair model before, at least my face and hair are beautiful haha, as stupid as it may sound)

All the best,
    Mella

You seem like such a sweet person- beautiful inside and out. I think you definitely need to make a change on the relationship front, since it is affecting your mental AND physical health. Good luck to you!
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    The easiest way for you to lose weight is to kick your jerkface boyfriend to the curb. How he's treating you is NOT okay.
  • wonderwoman234
    wonderwoman234 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Oh honey, I feel for you. I am worried that you don't think enough of yourself to be with a man who will be good to you. He is undermining your confidence and you are allowing him to do it. He has some major issues and I'm absolutely sure you don't wan to be involved with someone so insecure and who preys on your sense of well-being.

There are a lot of good guys out there who will love you for the beautiful person you are INSIDE and who won't judge or demean you. Your weight is fine and deep down you know it, I think. I would explore why you would want to be involved with an abusive, insecure douche. He's not "nice" if he's harping on your looks, comparing you to other women, etc. He's obviously got such low self esteem that he tries to tear you down to make himself feel better.

Get out now and get some therapy so you can learn to like yourself enough to land a guy who is worthy of you!