i need to know it's possible

Options
Hello!

I have been on MFP for a while and lots 45lbs. Then I got a problem with my foot and some problems with my personal life also, who made me give up my efforts for a while. I gained 20 pounds back.

Now I'm trying to get back to it. One little step at a time. It's hard to get back on the wagon. I'm wondering if I can make it, if it's possible for me to not only lose back the weight I gained, but continue to lose all I have to lose.

Did something like did happen to you? Were you able to get through it, and even further ? Tell me it's possible please...

thank you!

Replies

• ebayaddict0127
    ebayaddict0127 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Of course it's possible! You lost 45 before, you can lose those extra 25 again. Just keep at it.
  • GohanJKA
    Options
    Yes it is possible, but you have to believe in it first.
  • swissbrit
    Options
    Yes its possible I had surgery on my foot 14 months ago and put a lot of weight back on as I was imobile for 4 months (had bones shortened and tendons lengthened etc) but got back on the wagon so just do your best and you will get there
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,969 Member
    Options
    It's all mental.

I broke a foot. I gained 15 pounds. It was awful, but I could have eaten less and gone to the pool - I just chose to wallow. It's not a good look - THEN I had to lose that 15 pounds for the second time :grumble:, and I was not pleased.

Now I can keep it in check, but it is a psychological game.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    You can do it - you were successful before and you know what needs to be done - generally our lives are not perfect and we have to get up and dust ourselves off and carry on - my perfect life would invlove way more than I am actually capable of on any given day so we do what we can and tomorrow is another day - dust yourself off OP and carry on :flowerforyou:
  • marie_eve_78
    marie_eve_78 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thank you, all. You are very nice to motivate me like that.

One day at a time!

One MEAL at a time even! :)
  • Allterrain_Lady
    Allterrain_Lady Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    It's all mental.

This. Definitely.
    You have to lose the weight AGAIN. Meaning, it's been lost in the first place. Hence, it can be done physically.
    Your mind is on your way to success. That's it.
    Don't overthink it. Every morning, when you wake up, it's a new day full of awesome promesses that will put you on the right path.
    Every single time you have a choice to make (fitness / food wise), ask yourself: 'does that get me closer to my goal?'
    If the answer is no then maybe you should reconsider the choice your about to make. If yes, go for it.
    Don't forget that no matter how hard it feels along the way, it is so much harder to drown in bitterness and sorrow and regrets.
    Decide you can do it and do it.