weight loss 195lbs

Options
Hello everyone,
I'm 22yrs old and was wondering if i am starting at 195lbs and am 5'6 1/2, I exercise 7 days a week on the treadmill for 60 minutes daily(running pace) and I maintain a diet of 1500 calories daily...What results could I expect in a 6 month time? FYI, I know some might say why the 6 month etc... but, I would appreciate it if y'all could just answer the question...I have my personal reasons which u may or may not find stupid but for me its important :) As well, If there are tips u are willing to give me about how many calories I should eat or anything else, please do( I will be adding strength training and bell fat burning exercises later). Just give me an answer maybe based on ur own results or what you know and it would be much appreciated thank you.

Replies

• amy32lynn
    amy32lynn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    i think you could lose anywhere from 30-55 pounds in 6 months ..... good luck!!!!!!!!
  • candylandicous
    Options
    That's a great estimate, thanks!
  • ebayaddict0127
    ebayaddict0127 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    It really all depends.. everyone is different. If you're losing 1-2 pounds per week, then 24-48 lbs.
  • dettiot
    dettiot Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I started at 195 pounds (although I'm five foot three) and in six months, I lost 39 pounds. The first two months, I was only working out 3-4 times a week with long walks, too.

I would suggest that instead of just running, you mix up your cardio as well as do some strength training, too. You'll look better in the long run and it will give your various muscles and joints the time to recover.
  • mw0cvw
    mw0cvw Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello

I have lost 64 pounds in 304 Days ,eating around 1850 and now 1350 Calories per day as per MFP Calculations.

Do visit my local Gym around 4-5 times a week do a mix of Cardio and Weights.

Would Loose around 1-2 pounds per week.

Now finding my weigh has stayed the same for the past couple of weeks.

Possibly my body is re-booting due the the massive changes and so on.

Hope this helps and wish you the best of luck

Regards

Paul
  • candylandicous
    Options
    Wow great results all! from the reply's I seem to be getting a ruff estimate now around how much can be lost thanks again. Haha yes I will be adding something besides the running to my workout routine, but that is for later maybe after I lose the first 10-20 pounds. thanks again guys, great help! =)
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    You can expect to lose some weight in 6 months. :flowerforyou:
  • Mollique
    Options
    Hi I am also 22 5'4 and started at 190. I lost 10 pounds in a month and half since the beginning of January my goal is 10 pounds a month but I can settle for now. I have a 1200 calorie diet and exercise 5 days a week with cardio and weight lifting. I suggest giving your body at least one days rest. Do not go so hard and incorporate weight lifting because it is very important for weight loss like clean eating. I also suggest measuring yourself because the scale number might not change but you lost inches and vice versa. Add me as a friend I would love to know about your progress being that we both are in the same boat.
  • loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I would say an achievable goal would be around 40lbs
  • Beckabear43
    Beckabear43 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey...I'm the same height as you and almost twice your age. They say it is harder to lose with age...lets put the myth to the test. I would like to join you in your weight loss battle. I have a treadmill and I'm going to start doing some work at a horse farm. Look forward to hearing from you.
  • callyart
    callyart Posts: 209
    Options
    Don't push yourself 7 days a week with the treadmill though, especially if you're not used to constant exercise. I would have 1 or 2 days were you have a break, or even just have a slow walk instead, to rest your body.

Also, I have just started doing squats, which help tighten your lower area (my bum is huge so hoping to trim it down!!)

Good luck with your weight loss!
  • Suziq38
    Suziq38 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It is important to not eat or drink sweet things.
    When you feel like overeating, go to the gym or go for a walk instead.

Good luck!

I lost 30 pounds in 10 months.
    I am 5'6" and now weigh 160.
    I wear a size 8 or 10 now.
    Good for you!
    You can do it.
    I want to lose 10 more pounds from now until August.
    I hope that I can do it.
  • candylandicous
    Options
    Yes thank you guys. I was actually considering exercising 6 days a week and resting on Sunday's. Before anything else I'll put myself to test this week with the treadmill and see where I am and how many times I should exercise.
  • Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Seriously I would get straight into strength training, you'll burn calories in your sleep with increased muscle mass! Way more than with cardio which your body will get used to.

You can get more noticeable results in less time too.

If you are on a tight timescale, I'd recommend ramping up the protein, reducing your carbs and cutting out sweet treats to get quicker results. Also keep hydrated and get plenty of sleep.

Good luck!
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    When I was in my 20s, I found that my likelihood of getting a running injury was a lot higher if I ran 5 days a week than if I ran 4. I suggest that you take at least 2 rest days a week from running - you can cross train, or just take a walk.

As for how much you can lose, it depends on your calorie deficit. I would advise against trying to lose more than 1.5 lb./week; that means eating 750 calories per day less than you need to maintain your weight, and that's pretty hard!
  • candylandicous
    Options
    Yes I would too, but I'm finding it too difficult which is why I'm starting off with running. I won't always be using treadmill only, once I'm lighter by 10 or 20 I may focus on only strength training as I am aware it helps a lot more.