Replies

• tigersgirl
    tigersgirl Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    the Lara Bars are good and they are GF
  • Fit4Penny
    Fit4Penny Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    The Think Thin bars are gluten free and taste pretty good. They also have 20g of protein and 0 sugars!
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Biochem makes some GREAT ones! 100 calories each & packed w/protein (6g): I really like the chocolate truffle & caramel nougat. I am SUPER sensitive & have not ever had a reaction to them :flowerforyou:
  • mcjabber
    mcjabber Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of Lara bars. I get excited looking at the ingredients lists, which look like: cashews, dates. The end. (I think that one's the cashew cookie flavor). They are all real ingredients, with recognizable and pronounceable names.

And all gluten free, which my tummy likes.
  • missmaya24
    missmaya24 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Do you know if any of these companies make bars without any nuts? Allergy...
  • mcjabber
    mcjabber Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Oy, DEFINITELY stay away from Lara, then. It's almost entirely nuts, I don't think any of them are nut free. :(
  • LivingFitNC
    LivingFitNC Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I beg you not to eat the ThinkThin...they are filled with sugar alcohols which is how they get 0g sugar and this affects the taste. I don't know if you're celiac or just gluten intolerant, but Clif Builder Bars have no gluten but do have organic oats so possible cross-contamination. I have been using the chocolate mint with no problem, however, and they are delicious. But nuts is going to be a problem...

The luna bars are completely gluten free and tasty but not great for a protein bar- they are mostly carbs from dried fruits.
  • thanatos
    Options
    The absolute best tasting, best for you bars are PureFit (www.purefit.com). No gluten, no dairy, no wheat, low GI, no sugar alcohols. And they taste DELICIOUS!
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    My vegetarian gluten free child is a fan of the Think Thin bars. He's had no problems with any of the sugar alcohols.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I'm also a fan of the Think Thin (in a pinch). 20 grams of protein and no sugar. The white chocolate chip is actually very good.