Insanity! Anyone here do it?

Options
Hey everyone, I just started the BeachBody Insanity program yesterday, and was just wondering if anyone here is doing it, has done it, plans on doing it?

I guess what I'm looking for really are tips, suggestions, and most of all support....

Day 2 and my body already hates me!

Ps i'm new, so hello! :glasses:

Replies

• Kati613
    Options
    MY FRIEND Samantha does it she is on my list.
  • xxthursday09xx
    xxthursday09xx Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm starting P90X tomorrow :) X-)
  • alyz
    alyz Posts: 41
    Options
    I plan on starting it on Jan 1. I'm super excited about it! Please keep us posted on how you like it, how much it hurts, how awesome it is for you, etc. Wish I could start with you today...schedule just won't allow. Good luck!!
  • 1CALIJIBARO2
    Options
    yesterday I began wk 4 & it's still exhausting......I try to keep up w/ the group most of the time & when I can't I move around or walk in place until I can catch my breath.....I have to improvise when I am really out of gas....I mean that I will repeat an exercise that I am able to do for a short while; catch my wind & continue w/ the group again......I suggest when u can't go on push the pause button, gather urself & hit it again.....u will have to adjust as u go along.......If I must, I will repeat the INSANITY program once I've completed the 60 days.......KEEP ON KEEPIN ON.............HAPPY TRAILS TO SUCCESS

MFP date: 08/09/10
    SW:272
    CW:228
    GW:163 or 175
  • SkierElle
    Options
    Yep I am 1 1/2 weeks in!!! It is awesome I can already tell a difference in my body and fitness level, and lost 3lbs since i started it.
  • denis0313
    Options
    I've done one round of Insanity. I love it. Yeah, it literally had me laying on the floor the first week, after a few weeks you'll actually look forward to jumping around with Shaun T. My advice would be take a break when you need too. The first time I did the warm up I was like ....WHAT THE F__? Sweating like I had done an hour of exercise!!! But after a few more times I was like ...ya I got this!!!

Good luck! :bigsmile:
  • JLeeAlton
    Options
    I am on my 2nd week of P90X/Insanity Hybrid. Love it! CAN NOT wait to try Turbo Fire and next year Asylum.... they are on my wishlist!!
  • mirahonthawall
    mirahonthawall Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    well it's intense, stays true to the name that's for sure! halfway into each workout i honestly believe i might throw up and pass out lol

i'm still trying to pace myself, i definitely cannot keep up with them, so i take lots of breaks, and even with those breaks, i burned nearly 500 calories in 40 minutes! i'm hoping i can keep up in a week or two!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Yep, just started 3rd round of Insanity. I read Asylum comes out in February, I'm down.
  • edorice
    Options
    well it's intense, stays true to the name that's for sure! halfway into each workout i honestly believe i might throw up and pass out lol

i'm still trying to pace myself, i definitely cannot keep up with them, so i take lots of breaks, and even with those breaks, i burned nearly 500 calories in 40 minutes! i'm hoping i can keep up in a week or two!

Keep at it. You will find that you will improve. We used to hit pause ALL THE TIME.
  • mirahonthawall
    mirahonthawall Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    asylum?! definitely something i'll look into...i was thinking if i was successful after the 60 days, perhaps getting into a p90x/insanity hybrid, i just don't have weights or a pull-up bar or anything like that, which is why I ended up starting with insanity.

i'm finding it really hard to stick to the nutrition plan. i basically went into this balls out, bought healthy food, trying to eat 5x/day, i even quit smoking, day 2 and it's all very very, very hard :(
  • jjen415
    jjen415 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just finished the 60 days program, and it is great. My back, knees and mostly entire body was in the first 2 weeks. Stick with it!! You will see the result. Good luck!!
  • jrlenig
    jrlenig Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I love it I started on the 15th and the 1st week I wanted to quit everyday now just every other day! LOL! Completely worth it, only lost 1.2 pounds, but lost almost a full 2 inches off my hips!
  • ithinkitsrandi
    Options
    I am in LOVE with INSANITY!! Like everyone else said, if you have no gas to keep up, hit pause, grab water and a breath then keep plugging along! I wore my HR watch and burned the same amount of calories in 35 mins that I do in 60 mins of spinning. INSANE! Keep at it!!
  • amydcarlson
    amydcarlson Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm still waiting on "Santa" to deliver my Insanity! I am so excited to start! I was doing P90X, but totally fell off the wagon during the holidays. Also, I'm watching what I put in to my body now, so I'm hoping for great results!
  • 305muscle
    305muscle Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Does anyone besides me thinks these bootcamp style dvd's are lame? Mr p90x "muscle confusion" tony horton acting like he invented muscle confusion method or principle which he didn't most of the stuff he wants to teach people are from MR. WEIDER. A real pioneer of fitness n bodybuilding. And these unsupervised workouts will get you injured sooner or later
  • jennifer3998
    jennifer3998 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Does anyone besides me thinks these bootcamp style dvd's are lame? Mr p90x "muscle confusion" tony horton acting like he invented muscle confusion method or principle which he didn't most of the stuff he wants to teach people are from MR. WEIDER. A real pioneer of fitness n bodybuilding. And these unsupervised workouts will get you injured sooner or later

Well isn't that a ridiculous post for this thread. I swear people just want to cause drama. That's nice that you think they're lame. They seem to work for a lot of people! What's the difference between doing DVDs and a gym class - $$$. I'm doing Insanity and have noticed a huge difference in just 10 days. By the way, I've had three ACL recons, I know a lot about injury. None of which was caused by a DVD.

Good luck to those positive people out there!
  • ElaineDianne70
    ElaineDianne70 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I have done it - it's HARD but WORTH IT!
    The only advice I have and wish I had focused more on this:
    Focus on good form. Don't try to keep up with the speed of the people on the video, focus on FORM. I heard this from Shaun T himself: "A switch kick is a kick to your hips, not to your shins" so slow down and focus on the exercises. You will get better results.
    Good luck!
  • halejr23
    halejr23 Posts: 294
    Options
    I am in month 2 - Max Insanity. It is hard but just remember to listen to your body and take breaks when needed. If you have a heart rate monitor you can use that to guide you - know when pushing too hard (I found I pushed too hard at times and noticed I was hitting heart rates of 175 and higher so backed off) and when you are dogging it.

Bottom line ... stick with it and you will definitely see results. I have never had a ripped stomach or abs that you can see and now - at 43 - I can definitely see definition in the stomach area. CRAZY!

Let me know if you need motivation or support!
  • edorice
    Options
    I am in month 2 - Max Insanity. It is hard but just remember to listen to your body and take breaks when needed. If you have a heart rate monitor you can use that to guide you - know when pushing too hard (I found I pushed too hard at times and noticed I was hitting heart rates of 175 and higher so backed off) and when you are dogging it.

Bottom line ... stick with it and you will definitely see results. I have never had a ripped stomach or abs that you can see and now - at 43 - I can definitely see definition in the stomach area. CRAZY!

Let me know if you need motivation or support!

Yep, age 40 here and I see my obliques. LOL