Bisquik ad on my MFP homepage?!?!

Options
2»

Replies

• egrusy
    egrusy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I had one for Dominoes Pizza selling me to give in to my cravings.... if it were anyone other than Dominoes - I just may have! haha...

QFT :laugh:

I recently bought some golf clubs on Ebay, and am now seeing golf club ads just about everywhere I go on the Interwebz. As I type this, though, I am getting an ad for Medifast. Think that goes more against the grain of the philosophy of this site than a loaded biscuit! :drinker:
  • runlilyrun
    Options
    I always seem to get ads for pregnancy tests and nappies on YouTube... I've stopped being disturbed by it and started assuming it's led by one of my housemates' internet usage (I'm a 20 year old student with no boyfriend in a houseshare)
  • EmoJew
    EmoJew Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Most advertising on mainstream websites is targeted these days. The adverts relate to tags that cookies feed to the sitefrom your computer.
  • Axanden
    Axanden Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If you have a PC, use the Firefox browser with the addon 'AdBloc Plus' installed to clear distracting ads. I don't know whether this combination would work on a Mac.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I used to get "prepay funeral costs" ads, then it went to cars, then they were in French, and I was not searching for French maids honest Guv