Push-ups!

Options
NaomiJFoster
NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
I've always hated push-ups. I have bad shoulders, and push-ups make me nervous about dislocations. Plus, they're hard!

I've been doing knee-style push-ups for years. And years. And years. Don't love them that way, but don't hate them.

Today, I did six 'proper' push-ups. On my toes. It's the first time I've ever tried it.

Six!

And I didn't die.

Replies

• wriri7_x
    wriri7_x Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Well done, I hate push ups :(
  • garryt1980
    garryt1980 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!! I went from unable to do even one to gunning off 50:) keep at it and your body will follow
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! They are not easy. I do love them though. It's very gratifying to see how you can do more and more with practice.
  • Lightbulb1088
    Lightbulb1088 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    That is a great start. Awesome! I know I don't like push up's or squats and I am up to 30 push up's and 20 squats.
  • pineapple_jojo
    pineapple_jojo Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Weeeeee!! Great job!! I started doing knee push ups in about November; I could only manage three - now I can do 21 :D I'm so desperate to do proper push ups like you're doing but I'm not strong enough to even do one :( nice to know that I might get there one day!
  • Lynzigzagzay
    Lynzigzagzay Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Well done! I suck at push ups, hopefully I'll be like you and be able to do a proper one soon!
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It's very rewarding, and amazing, to see the evidence of the changes your body is going through. The human body is an amazing thing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!