C25K weighloss question

Options
Hi all!! I am anxious to start the C25K program tomorrow. Has anyone completed the program? If so, how much weight did you lose? Hearing your stories would be very inspirational :-)

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    It's great that you are starting this running is a great exercise for overall health. However it's not the running that will help ypu lose weight its eating at a calorie deficit. Make sure that your food is sorted and your eating enough to fuel exercise and enjoy C25K. good luck
  • ellemuise
    Options
    I'm starting c25k tomorrow as well if you want to add me!:))
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I have.. I didn't start the program from the beginning. Started at W3 then skipped to W5 then followed through to the end. I lost around 8 lbs but I ate 1800+ cals a day, did heavy lifting in addition to the c25k program. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    It's great that you are starting this running is a great exercise for overall health. However it's not the running that will help ypu lose weight its eating at a calorie deficit. Make sure that your food is sorted and your eating enough to fuel exercise and enjoy C25K. good luck

This. It isn't exercise that causes weight loss, it's cutting calories.
  • tracywintn
    Options
    WOW, I JUST started a group because I am going to start training for a 5K tomorrow also. Please join and we can train together (if anyone wants to)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/19774-c25k-starting-2-17-14
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on C25K, Week 3, Day 3. It was absolute hell at first, but it's slowly getting easier. I'm not noticing much weight loss per se (it doesn't help much with that unless you're also eating correctly) - but what it IS doing for me is increasing my stamina by quite a bit. I'm able to exercise a lot harder and a lot longer than I previously was able to. And I'm starting to tone up something fierce.
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    No weight loss from running. I am a eating machine when I run. You do get nicely shaped legs from it. My weight loss came from eating at a calorie deficit, which I can't do when I am running. I would starve.
  • jlbeals
    jlbeals Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I did it last summer - probably going to do it again to increase my pace as soon as I've got some non-iced pavement to run on or maybe the 10K trainer. I don't remember how much I lost - for me the biggest benefit was that I finally learned to LOVE running and actually look forward to exercise. Before C25K, working out was a chore that I did in the same way I brush my teeth everyday - because I had to. Not a single minute spent running prior to this program had ever inspired any other feeling in me other than utter LOATHING for the activity. Now I love to run. It's kind of crazy.
  • shazbox1
    shazbox1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow too!! .... assuming my new pair of Vibram's come in the mail.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Hi all!! I am anxious to start the C25K program tomorrow. Has anyone completed the program? If so, how much weight did you lose? Hearing your stories would be very inspirational :-)

I wouldn't say I lost weight doing C25K, but it certainly helped with my calorie burns, and with my healthy diet led to my weight loss!

It was hard to start because I was 245lbs and I hadn't exercised in years. Be aware of this, you won't just run awesome out of the gate. I could barely run the minute and when I finished I could barely breathe. thought I was going to die!. BUT!!! keep with it, because your body will adjust and in no time you will be a avid runner!

I didn't do the whole program because I got to the point that I didn't want to walk anymore, I just wanted to run. I can't run 5k in 30 mins and I don't care! lol! I can run almost 10k now (probably could, just never tried) and love it. Glad I stuck to it.
  • Izoralee
    Izoralee Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just started last week. I also incorporate strength training and already seeing a difference in my endurance.

I'm "wogging" more than jogging but surprised the hell out of me today when I was doing great on 90 second intervals! Sprained my ankle so didn't complete the day but will OWN it when I re-do on Tuesday :)