Hello, I'm Sarah. And I want to thank MFP.

Options
The title says it all, quite frankly.
I'd like to thank every single person here for being a part of a community that is ultimately helping me beat my eating disorder whilst getting fit, happy, and healthy along the way.
The first time I joined MFP was about four years ago. To put my state into perspective...If I went over 50 (not a typo, I do mean fifty) calories in an entire day, I would have simply killed myself. I'm ashamed to say I am not exaggerating. I was an obsessed, dying wreck. I would barely be able to walk, then, I would run until passing out. Then I would run some more. Then I'd throw up bile from sheer exhaustion and just lie in a bundle of tears and absolute, mind consuming self-hatred. I lied to my prominently decreasing number of friends, saying things like "Don'tcha worry about me, I'm already managing 500 calories a day!" whilst knowing that 500 was an unspeakable behemoth of a number that sent shivers down my spine.
Now, after years of relapse and recovery, hospital stays, refeeding and all the rest, I can finally say I'm on a good road to true recovery. I can eat 2000 - 3000 healthy calories a day and be alright with it, so long as I exercise to my liking (not to be confused with purging through exercise - I prefer strength and yoga to cardio). My body is a marvelous piece of work, now that it has the energy to actually function. Not to mention my brain. And MFP has helped me an awful lot through the whole ordeal.

So, this is my TLDR thank-you to everyone willing to read. :smile:

Replies

• SnowZombie
    Options
    Congratulations! That's a wonderful achievement!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Proud to call you a new friend...Congrats!
  • ginger_gnome
    Options
    Fabulous ... thank you for sharing ... what an achievement ... keep up the good work :-) Brilliant.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    This is truly an amazing story and I am pleased to see you are moving in the right direction!

:flowerforyou:
  • amberrea82
    amberrea82 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    So glad to hear! Keep up the good work :)
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    So, this is my TLDR thank-you to everyone willing to read. :smile:
    Interesting well-written messages are never too long. Congratulations and thanks!
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are a miracle on a remarkable healing journey and I applaud your honesty, courage, willingness, and strength! Keep up the great work!
  • HealthyMakeover
    HealthyMakeover Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    So, I added you a few days ago. I am very happy I did so.
    You are not only extremely inspiring to me, but you are such a mesmerizing writer.
    Keep doing what you do. :flowerforyou:
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Now THAT is what I call a great success! Congratulations and good on you for sticking it out through the bad stuff and coming out a champ
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good fight, keep inspiring others who are recovering or considering recovery, and I am glad to have you as a new friend here.