New & just wanted to say HI!

Options
Hello All-
I am not new to myfitnesspal becuase I have been off and on using it on my iPhone. But now I am ready to get down to buiness and lose some weight. I have just started (as of yesterday) the Paleo Diet. If anyone else is doing the Paleo Diet or just has any advice or just wants to be friends in this weight loss journey of ours then I am here and ready for what lies ahead!!
Kimberly

Replies

• gkford
    Options
    welcome aboard and I wish you great success on your new journey.
  • babalicious66
    Options
    never heard of that diet before but would be interested to have the details!
  • kbwagner
    Options
    A short description of the Paleo Diet is.....
    With readily available modern foods, The Paleo Diet mimics the types of foods every single person on the planet ate prior to the Agricultural Revolution (a mere 500 generations ago). These foods (fresh fruits, vegetables, lean meats, and seafood) are high in the beneficial nutrients (soluble fiber, antioxidant vitamins, phytochemicals, omega-3 and monounsaturated fats, and low-glycemic carbohydrates) that promote good health and are low in the foods and nutrients (refined sugars and grains, saturated and trans fats, salt, high-glycemic carbohydrates, and processed foods) that frequently may cause weight gain, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and numerous other health problems. The Paleo Diet encourages dieters to replace dairy and grain products with fresh fruits and vegetables -- foods that are more nutritious than whole grains or dairy products.

I highly recommend the book The Paleo Diet by Dr. Loren Cordain. Amazing read. I stared and finished reading it on Sunday.
  • angieskia
    angieskia Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to the site. Good luck with your diet. I'm not a big fan of F & V but a friend on this site keeps telling me to eat more. F & V just don't sem to give enough calories for the amount eaten I have a problem staying away from Starvation Mode. Anywho, I'm glad you've set your mind back to healthy living and I hope you meet your goal and are very happy with the results.