Quick, Simple Breakfast Options

Options
Hi all! I have been struggling to find something very quick, simple, and low on calories for breakfast. Any one have any ideas? Thanks!

Replies

• nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I have been struggling to find something very quick, simple, and low on calories for breakfast. Any one have any ideas? Thanks!

Try a microwave-able breakfast sausage bowl that's been made with egg whites, low-fat cheese, and turkey sausage. Jimmy Dean's has one, and there are a few supermarket-branded ones. Takes 3 minutes to nuke it... I usually add a slice of fat-free american cheese and half-way through the heat-up process, and eat it with a few tablespoons of chunky salsa and it's under 300 calories.

Oatmeal is great too. I make mine with PB&J.

Try an omelet made with egg-beaters, chopped onions & peppers, and turkey sausage crumbles.
  • angelb1983
    angelb1983 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    whole grain waffle and peanut butter is what I have been eating this week for breakfast.
  • PrairieSlims
    PrairieSlims Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I try and vary my options. For the most part, I have a shake with fruit and chia seeds.(1 TBSP). It works great when I am in a hurry and I never get tired of it. It is a treat after my workout. and a healthy one at that.:smile:
  • annra007
    annra007 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Poashed egg and asparagus or smoked salmon. My favorites.
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I didn't used to be a big breakfast eater but I've been REALLY enjoying them since starting MFP. Every morning I have a green smoothie (fruit and greens) plus something like:

Over-easy egg with 1/2 ounce sharp cheddar on a toasted English muffin
    Greek yogurt with honey and a bit of granola
    1/2 toasted bagel with cream cheese, smoked salmon, capers and a squeeze of lemon
    Giant omelet/scramble with mushrooms, spinach, cheese (I use a lot of filling and one egg)
    Oatmeal and a hard-boiled egg
  • Rachelc1992
    Rachelc1992 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm a cereal girl!! :) I love cereal! I tried to eat eggs and omelettes and what not for breakfast and wasn't satisfied!

At the moment I have 50g all bran cereal, topped with raspberries, blueberries and blackberries, 50g each! And milk calci + trim! :)
  • anggela1
    anggela1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would suggest a banana and a Larabar. They are both very easy to eat on the go.
  • bperkins88
    bperkins88 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    peanut butter toast and coffee is my typical morning intake
  • redrose1983
    Options
    Now a Days I'm totally in love with those Belvita breakfast cookies ... they are Yumm and crunchy :love: and of course a cup of coffee :heart:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt mixed with fruit, granola, peanut butter, whatever you like.
    Oatmeal if you make a big batch and just reheat it every day.
    Sandwiches.
    Cereal

I've been making frittatas/crustless quiches. Just 5 eggs, 4 servings of egg whites, peppers, onions, some cheese, turkey sausage and/or ham, 25 minutes in the oven, and you have breakfast for a few days, 1/4 of one is like 220 calories and 20g of protein.
    Or you can make breakfast burritos and freeze them, and just nuke it in the morning.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Been looking for something different to do with eggs for dinner. Thanks for the quiche idea! It's baking now. :)
  • HealthyMakeover
    HealthyMakeover Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with fruit topping, or even peanut butter added in
    Fruit salad and yogurt in the side
    Toasted English Muffin with cheese
    English Muffin with peanut butter/jelly
    Bagels
    Cold cereal
    Trail mix
    Avocado and egg
    Protein Pancakes
    Waffles or French toast
    Soup
  • Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I have been eating a lot of Omelettes for my breakfast, I make them with 3 eggs but only use one of the yolks, mix this well and season with salt and pepper. Slice up 100g of Mushrooms and fry with a couple of squirts of fry light then remove from pan, grill two Bacon medallions and chop up in to chunks. Spray the pan with a couple of squirts of fry light, when hot pour in your egg mixture, when mixture starts to form add your cooked mushrooms and bacon and cook until eggs are no longer runny ( you can pop pan under a hot grill to speed this up) Flip out of pan unto plate and enjoy. This is only 198 calories, I would usually have mine with a couple of sliced tomatoes which still leaves this a filling meal at under 250 calories. This also makes a great brunch, lunch or even a nice evening meal served with a big salad.
  • Gorillanosh
    Gorillanosh Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    two hard boiled eggs, pinch of salt and cracked pepper. you can boil a bunch, peel'em and have them ready to pluck out of your fridge at a moments notice.

two eggs have a decent amount of protein and fat which will keep you sated. i was worried about the cholesterol but after a bit of research, im not terribly concerned anymore. Nutrition seems to be coming around on fat and cholesterol in ways that make eggs look like a great option.

150 calories.