What to do if max cals finished too early?!?!?!

Options
Hi all...I just started back on this site on Sunday with my calorie total set to 1200...I went over to 1255cals at around 4pm...so what do I do? No dinner?!!!?!? I think I may have to go to sleep early because if not I will pass out if I don't have dinner.

Replies

• mamaisis09
    Options
    I did this last weekend... I jumped on our elliptical at home for a family guy episode, then I popped in Ab Ripper X then I played wii golf, bowling and frisbee golf for about 80 minutes with my husband. I was under my adjusted calorie limit then:)
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Eat a light dinner - lots of fresh veggies that will fill you up and some lean protein. You'll be fine. Everyone goes over some days. Start fresh tomorrow! Not eating will just make you feel crappy and more likely to eat too much in the morning.

You can also go for a walk or do some kind of workout to burn some calories - this will give you more to eat.
  • leslielove
    leslielove Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Just plan your day better and stretch your calories out till a time when you tend to stop eating.
  • stephnsuarez
    stephnsuarez Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I hadn't thought about exercising to at least get in a turkey burger with some broccoli...thanks guys!!!!
  • vaavamom1
    vaavamom1 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    spent some time on the treadmill ,earn some cals :wink:
  • shaggy22
    Options
    If you go to the "MY HOME" tab and go to "GOALS" it shows you calories burned from normal daily activities. This is the amount of calories that you can have and maintain your present weight. If I am going to a big dinner or have used up my calories too early in the day then I will still eat, but I try to not go over that limit (if possible).

I then know that I won't put on any weight that day even if I don't lose any. Then I start the next day fresh with a clear conscience. I find that this helps my motivation as I know I am always going in the right direction!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options
    If you go to the "MY HOME" tab and go to "GOALS" it shows you calories burned from normal daily activities. This is the amount of calories that you can have and maintain your present weight. If I am going to a big dinner or have used up my calories too early in the day then I will still eat, but I try to not go over that limit (if possible).

I then know that I won't put on any weight that day even if I don't lose any. Then I start the next day fresh with a clear conscience. I find that this helps my motivation as I know I am always going in the right direction!

GREAT point! You can go over your goal for the day and still be in a calorie deficit - it will just be a smaller deficit.
  • chacaruso
    chacaruso Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Exercise!
  • utes09
    utes09 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Try to plan out your meals a day in advance so you can balance out your calories more. On the weekends I sit down and plan out my meals (breakfast, lunch, snacks and even dinners) for the next week. It helps to stay on track.
  • sweetie89207
    Options
    EXERCISE EXERCISE EXERCISE!!! thats what i love about this site...if i had a crazy day and went way over at lunch i just hope on my stationary bike and do about an hour and that gives me plenty enough to eat dinner...also if thats not possible- dont worry about it...eat light- maybe just a few hundred calories or so and then just make the rest of the week a good one! plenty of water, exercise, and veggies- and by then that 1 missed day wont b that big of a deal!
  • LivingFitNC
    LivingFitNC Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Just going to throw it out there...Intermittent Fasting. It may seem like having no dinner is like going into the desert with no water but not eating it isn't the end of the world especially if you don't have the time to bang out a workout. In fact I do it everyday and enjoy having the larger meals for it because 3-4 meals on 1200 cals...doesn't sound very satisfying.
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    Like people have mentioned, plan better. Your biggest most filling meal of the day should be breakfast. My first meal of the day lasts me for several hours, I don't even snack in between usually because it's so filling. I usually just eat a big bowl of Kashi Go Lean or Go Lean Crunch and I'm full till my next meal. I might add in a banana but usually just that and I'm good to go.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options
    Just going to throw it out there...Intermittent Fasting. It may seem like having no dinner is like going into the desert with no water but not eating it isn't the end of the world especially if you don't have the time to bang out a workout. In fact I do it everyday and enjoy having the larger meals for it because 3-4 meals on 1200 cals...doesn't sound very satisfying.

Actually 3 to 4 meals on 1200 calories (plus a little more on exercise days) is quite satisfying, if you eat well. I eat healthy, filling foods and do just fine. Plenty of veggies and enough protein & healthy fats is the key -- they keep you full longer than too many carbs (especially highly processed ones).