Refresher

Options
Just wanted to Re-introduce myslef since I don't post on the boards much. I'm a mother of 2 who started my weight loss & healthy eatling lifestyle change due to seeing a friend lose over 30lbs without diet pills or diet aids of any kind. I live in SoCal. For those members who are also in the same area please feel free to friend me. I begin this Journey in the beginning of Sept. and am doing ok so far but have been backtracking alot. Any advice, comments, or encouragement is welcome as long as it's not Too harsh. The truth always helps keep us in check as long as it isn't stated in a derogatory way. I Very good on Giving Encouragement, just not so good on the advice cuz I'm still struggling with it myself

Replies

• Tmac125
    Tmac125 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi there! As someone who has lost over 100lbs and kept that part off (I lost 160 but that last 60 keeps coming and going), I'd say you are on the right track! It is a moment by moment struggle. Sometimes it's easier than others but if we keep at it we will get to where we want to be. I lost my intial weight through Weight Watchers (we had it at work). After two years, I was getting tired of the journey even though it was downward. So, I took a break and that is why the 60 came back, but I'm well on the way of getting rid of that and back on track! I'm proof that we can do this without pills or surgery. Weight Watchers is basically calories, but they use the points to "make it easier" to track. I've been doing calories and watching what I eat, and it comes off!

It really does help to have people you can reach out to. I have some of the best girlfriends that I "met" last July when we all decided to lose weight and go on a cruise. They are a tremendous support, so don't ever be afraid to reach out! Sometimes, those we reach out to have such a different viewpoint that it really helps you. One friend of my gave me such a ridiculous bit of advice when I have a particular craving, that I don't suffer from it any more :) Thanks Jenn!

So, feel free to drop a line, vent, etc!
  • chacaruso
    chacaruso Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you :flowerforyou:
  • angieskia
    angieskia Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you ladies! I hope we'll share a lot of experiences and encouragement. I'll try to give whatever advice I can but I'm much better at encouragement. :blushing: See ya around