Seeking mommy friends and stress eaters lol

Options
I hate introductions. I never know what to say :) I'm a mom of two "high needs" boys. Life is very stressful. I need to lose some weight to be healthier. I have a few very bad habits, irregular eating, way too much pop, and stress eating. I am hoping to maybe find people with similar. I'm finding it hard to squeeze in working out , so I'll be really watching to see how my fellow mommies are doing it :)

Replies

• jacdog88
    jacdog88 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I'm not a mom, but I'm a full time nanny (4 years with my current family, 4 years previously with other families) to two amazing kids (5 and almost 7).

I go to the gym while they're at school or on play dates. When the weather is nice, we go on lots of walks, bike rides, park trips, etc. I also try to incorporate them into random activities. They both play soccer and enjoy basketball so we go to the local Ymca to play. While they watch tv or play I try to make sure I'm active instead of sitting with them whether it be doing household chores or a few reps of push-ups, squats, jumping jacks, crunches, etc. We have a bounce house in the basement next to the workout area so I can run or hop on the elliptical while they jump around.

I also prepackage my meals and 2 snacks - excluding fruits and veggies- to have on hand. I'm a stress eater as well and usually crave something cruchy. I get a monthly Naturebox that has healthy snacks that are really delicious. I put them by serving in snack bags to have with me while we're out or at activies. I've found that since I started packaging my foods, I've been less likely to gorge when I'm stressed. Instead, I find a way to get in a small burst of exercise.

I've also found that taking pictures as your body changes helps to stay motivated and on track. I also have an incentives jar. For every workout I do, I add $1 to one of the jars, and for every pound lost, I add $1 to the other. Once I reach my goal, I can spend the money however I want.

Hope some of this helps!

Good luck :)
  • Mkstehle
    Mkstehle Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    First I have to say, love your picture. Miss Piggy is the best. Anyway, I am also a mom of 2 boys and I also am a stressful/emotional eater, something I have been working on for a long time and still struggle. I am lucky that I do have some time after the kids go to school and before work that I can workout. I don't have a lot of time, so 40 minutes is my limit. I try to workout 6 days a week with Sunday off. I either do a Hiit workout or a weight training with cardio circuit. Feel free to friend me.
  • fatasstrophe
    fatasstrophe Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ahhh!!,I accidentely hit delete on a friend request :( is there a way to undo that?