cranberry supplements

Options
Im gonna start taking cranberry supplements to help with some heath issues, and I think Im pretty set on this brand: http://www.nourish.ie/solgar-cranberry-extract-with-vitamin-c/solv279pd.html

Which also has vitamin C, appears to be natural, and the best deal I can find here in Dublin.

However I saw this in a discount shop: http://www.dealz.ie/health-and-beauty/healthcare/vitamins/vitawell-cranberry-tablets-5000mg-30-pack

Hmm! For €1.49, I am quite suspicious over the quality, but am I right to be? They have a whole range of vitamins but maybe the actual amount of vitamins in them is small...

Thoughts?

Replies

• OverDoIt
    OverDoIt Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Eat cranberry's
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I've only every taken Cranberry supplements to help with UTI's. I just went to the pharmacy and bought a bottle of them. Otherwise, drink cranberry juice.

Not sure it really matters which supplements you actually get though.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Why are you looking at cranberry supplements? Why not just eat or drink them? If you are looking to meet a certain micronutrient (like Vitamin A or C) then why not take those supplements instead?
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    I've tried them (yes for a uti) but found them hard on my stomach where the real thing never is. Cooking the berries with a little bit of sugar works well and is delicious.
  • carolineire
    carolineire Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Ok so to address the off topicness, Im taking them to help with a medical issue. I dont want to drink lots of juice as they are hard to find here unless its from concentrate, with lots of added sugar, and even if i could find and afford a natural juice, I wouldnt get the amount I need, as well as being bad for your teeth, calorie, and blood sugar levels. Its actually quite expensive and hard to find fresh cranberries here, it could be €2-3 for a small punnet.

So back to square one!
  • kmacgera
    kmacgera Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    The next question being do the caps work on UTI's? Or the juice for that matter. I've only had success with antibiotics.