Looking for friends with lots of weight to lose?!

Options
Hi,
My name is Jaime. I've started this journey over and over again, and always end up falling off the wagon. I think it is because I have so much weight I want to lose I get really discouraged. I would like to lose 90 pounds all together. If you have a lot of weight to lose please add me :) It would be nice to have friends who are having the same struggles. I'm going to stick to my guns and make a lifestyle change instead of considering it a diet this time!! Hope you want to join me:)

Replies

• LynseyZombie
    LynseyZombie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm lynsey. I have lots of weight to lose as well. I'm 5ft 3 and weigh 13st 4lbs. Just started dieting a week ago. It's hard at times as I'm craving choc n sweets etc :(. But have been doing well and lost 2lbs so far. My goal is to lose 3 stone. I'm doing an hour a day on the just dance game for the wii :)
  • SimplyMeKim
    SimplyMeKim Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello - My name is Kim and I've been dieting for as long as I can remember but I keep gaining weight not losing.... I'm sure we all know the feeling. I've got about 30 pounds to lose. I need to reach out to others who are struggling with a food addiction like myself. I've never belonged to any sort of message board and not real sure how it works..... just hoping to have others to share successes and struggles with. :-)
  • toni5363
    toni5363 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I too am struggling with this weight lose thing, and I am somewhat of a stress eater. My problem is, that I just like to eat. I'm a little better now since I started MFP, but I still struggle. I was doing great when I first started MFP, but during the holiday season, I fell off the wagon, so to speak. I am now having a difficult time getting back on and staying. I have 30 more pounds to lose and need encouragement. I'm hoping I can encourage you and you in return can encourage me. Please friend me since we are aiming for the same goal.

Thanks
  • ambsrose95
    ambsrose95 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Amber, I'm in the same boat, I've tried to lose weight before and always have a problem sticking with it. I just moved back home after graduating college and it's been tough since no one else in my family has to worry about their weight and what they eat. I could really use anyone to help motivate me, give recipe ideas, and exercise ideas. I try to weigh myself to much and am focusing on trying to drop a pant size right now. I'd also really just like to get to a healthy BMI, meaning I need to lose between 30 and 60 pounds.
  • RhysWill_I_Ams
    Options
    Hey I'm Rhys I'm trying to lose nearly 100lbs and always looking to meet new people to bounce help and motivation off I'll friend you :)
  • cocokatie1
    cocokatie1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey. My name is Catherine and I am about the same height 5'2 and I am also trying to lose weight. So far I have only lost fluctuating water weight (about two pounds) I really want to lose ten pounds of fat weight. I have done it before and I know I can do it again, but I am just having a hard time. I have managed to get past the "night cravings", but then when i wake up in the morning I am starving! It would be great to have someone support me in my goal. ^.^
  • vrflaherty1
    vrflaherty1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Tori and in the same boat. I am looking to lose over 100 lbs and its taking all the motivation I have stored. I'm adding you :flowerforyou:
  • Fleurdelys123
    Options
    Hi Rhys!
    My name is Louise and I am trying to loose about 40 lbs. I did loose some 50 pounds last year but got some back of course (about 20 ) so it's enough! I've decided i wouldn't let myself go no more.
    Maybe we could help each other loosing weight... could we? It would certainly help me very much if you would!

Thanks!

Louise
  • Joelha19
    Joelha19 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all!! I just wanted to stop by and hope offer help/support/motivation to you all! I am a Beachbody Coach and it is a super community to be a part of. We have in home exercise programs and an off the charts good meal replacement shake called Shakeology available. I use my My Fitness Pal everyday as well to help track not only calories but macros.

Feel free to add me :) Joelha19

And my facebook page is facebook.com/healthyjo (Jordan Hammond)

YOU GUYS CAN DO IT!!!! Trust the process. It takes time. Forgive yourself for any mistakes in the past and vow to learn about health and nutrition and make better choices tomorrow. Feel free to message me through My Fitness Pal or Facebook, if you have any questions or need anything at all!
  • unique_1
    unique_1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi,

My name is Deb, and I have over 100 lbs. to lose. Like many of you, I've been playing the yo-yo game of losing and then regaining. I recently did the HCP diet (which I don't recommend) and lost 70 lbs, but because it doesn't give you the tools to maintain that loss, I gained it all back. I made my 2014 resolution to get my excess weight off, and get physically fit.

I've started the YMCA - Not Me! Diabetes Prevention program which is really working for me. Basically I just watch my fat grams and try to keep it under and close to my goal per day. That automatically keeps my calories in check. Although, you do have to watch out for high-calorie zero fat items like soda. I've set a daily limit of 1500 calories a day, and keep my fat grams under, but close to 52 grams per day. The weight is coming off easily and I'm starting to feel better.

It's not always easy though, and sometimes I just want to eat that bag of chips, ice cream, or candy. Having friends like you who are going through the same struggles as I am will really help me. I look forward to joining you all on this journey and see each of us accomplish our goals.

Best Wishes!
  • hotmom1216
    hotmom1216 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I need to lose about 50 pounds. I would be happy at 40 as well. I just gave birth to a beautiful healthy baby girl in December. I am breastfeeding and do stress eat and suffer from major sleep deprivation with my 8 week old girl. I hate all the pictures I've been in and I want to stop complaining and be active and lose the weight! I had a c section as well so I have had to wait a bit to exercise. It's going to be tough as I have a huge appetite and love sweets!
  • pcsg1008
    pcsg1008 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • wakasmami
    Options
    HI :)
    My names Toria im 21 nearly 22, im 5"6 and i have 132lbs to lose!! ive lost 3lbs in the 2 weeks i started using MFP and decided to change my lifestyle, i am also i mother to a 3yo boy, i have no friends yet so feel free to add me :)
  • hifoo
    hifoo Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi I'm Kelly and like you have lots to lose as well. I'm committed to doing it this time and the more people to help motivate and encourage is what we all need!! You can do this..we can do this!!!

Please add me as a friend if you like :smile:
  • marcellomoo
    marcellomoo Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm Hannah, 22 and 5'11". I'm currently at 211 and looking to lose another 45-70 :)
  • lentinea
    Options
    Hi,
    My name is Abi and I have tried in the past to lose weight and so far have not made much progress. I have yo-yo'd for the past two years and I am done with it.
    I have a minimum of 70 lbs to lose (really I have more but that's where I want to start) anyone who wants support and can give support who feels the same pain can add me :).
  • housemouse1957
    Options
    Hi I go by the name housemouse I'm 56 due to be 57 in July and I have 154 pounds to lose . I like you want this year to be the one. I'm on week three and I have lost 9 pound in the first two weeks. I could do with some friends so feel free to add me for support and we can make this year the best.
  • HayleyMB1284
    HayleyMB1284 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi jamie. Feel free to add me. My goal is 70 to 75 pounds to loose. I'm just like you I get discouraged when I think about the big number I got to loose. I could use all the new friends and motivation I can get. Good luck on your journey
  • toad_allyinlove
    toad_allyinlove Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    ★★★★Hi my name is venessa I have been on this journey for 112 days and have lost 30.5 pounds. I still have 70 more to go to meet my goal . I log every day and have a open diary . ADD me so we can encourage one another★★★★
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I'm at almost 300 days straight logging - I've lost 70# so far & still have 80-100 more to go. Feel free to add me!