New Here.....not sure all this fancy stuff works

Options
Hey, I'm new here, but not to losing weight. I've lost over one thousand pounds. Okay, it has been the same 20 pounds over and over again, but this time I am sticking to it. Let me know if you want in on this journey. Should be interesting.

Replies

• kkcruickshank
    kkcruickshank Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the party!
  • gizzo1125
    gizzo1125 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    this is new to me, it seems really easy. It's amazing how much tracking food makes you really see what you eat! Add me if you would like to join the weight loss journey!!
  • LanaeCarol
    LanaeCarol Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    While there are plenty of bells and whistles with the site, it really isn't all that much fancy stuff. Basically it is eating at a reasonable deficit and moving more. Which if you have lost that amount, even if it is the same 20 pounds over and over, you already know. Accurate and consistent logging of both food and exercise is your friend. Developing a group of friends to support and encourage you also helps. I will send you a friend request. Have fun and good luck!
  • scottstephens79
    scottstephens79 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Greetings!
    I have found this site to be quite helpful on my journey. MFP tools seem to prefer the Keep It Simple, Stupid method. I have done many hours of separate research and found the math to be comparable. Don't let yourself be overwhelmed with acronyms when you first start. As you get closer to your weight goal (within ten lbs) you may need to adjust to suit your individual body. Just log in daily (and honestly) and browse some forums daily and you will see most everything explained.
    Onwards and downwards!