Weigh in??

Options
Hi

Just wondered how often you all weigh yourselves?
Obviously once weekly is the recommended but Just wondered if and changes might happen sooner

Replies

• lindanewland37
    lindanewland37 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My cardiologist wants me to weigh daily in case of water retention - if my weight varies by more than 5 lbs. in a day I have to call the doctor. But for tracking my weight loss, it's Monday morning.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Weight fluctuates day to day & throughout the day. If you'll be discouraged by gaining some days, best weigh weekly.
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every morning, and use www.trendweight.com to get rid of the fluctuations.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday and record it in an app then forget about it. After a while you get used to the fluctuations an know what is real weightloss. If though you the type of person who cant handle seeing your weight rise by 3 or 4 pounds and except that is a normal fluctuation weekly maybe better for you.
  • SweetieMelissa
    SweetieMelissa Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I weight once a week after my rest day on. Rest day is Wed. so I weight on Thursday. Better that way, for me, because my muscles wouldn't retain water from working out.
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I weigh 3-5 times per week, always using Wednesday as my weekly weigh in weight. I confess to weighing a few times a day on the weekend, though I have no idea why I do it.
  • DrWhoodles
    DrWhoodles Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I actually weigh in monthly because I used to do daily and it started making me a little too crazy about fluctuations. Right now I'm focusing on my fitness levels and how my clothes fit instead of weight.
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day (just because of curiosity) but if I see a weight change, I wait a few days to record to see if it sticks or not.
  • lafilledelarue
    lafilledelarue Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Once a month.
  • housemouse1957
    Options
    Hi I weight on a Saturday afternoon roughly at the same time at my local boots chemist and I know these scales are the same as my hospital ones I get weighed on when I see a consultant about my weight.
  • briannashaw_
    briannashaw_ Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Every Wednesday, except for that time of the month, I don't weigh myself at all that week.
  • Mav3rick54
    Mav3rick54 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily....I know there are going to be fluctuations and they do not bother me. I am only watching the trend downward.