Down 40 pounds and over 30 inches with pictures !

Options
Hey everyone:heart:

I thought I would post a picture with some results that I had over the past week after I hit a mini milestone that I was quiet proud of. I am officially under 230lbs and down over 40lbs !! WOOT WOOT:happy:

When I started my new lifestyle (note how I am NOT calling it a diet, because this is not a diet, this was a new healthier approach on life) I woke up on the morning of May 27th 2013 and I was terrified to attend my first fitness class in a group setting called metabolic effect. This class pretty much kicks everyone’s *kitten*… it is a thirty minute rest based workout where my coach (now my friend as well, Deb) will push you as much as you can and you rest when you can and come back in as fast as you can. I remember after the first class I almost wanted to puke, but I told myself that I would not quit. It has now been 9 months and I have stuck to it, no matter how many times I have wanted to quit.

I workout 3-5 times a week varying between my ME class and cardio workouts as well. My eating has changed drastically since before this new lifestyle… I used to eat a bagel a day, at least, carbs galore, coffee and pop often and I had a love for chips and candy. Now I choose to watch what I eat, have lots of green tea, vegetables, fruits and proteins and I just watch my carb intake. With my Metabolic Effect nutrition plan I eat 15 bites of carbs a day, usually five at each meal but I still have my coffee when I want I just do not add sugar to it.

I am still now where near my end goal, but so far I am officially down 42 pounds and just over 30 inches off my body. When I started in May I weighed in at 268.6lbs and I wore a size 20 in pants, and between an X and 1X shirt. I currently weigh in at 225.6lbs and I am fitting into a size 16 pant and all XL tops:smile:

My end goal is to weigh anywhere between 160-175lbs depending on how I feel at that weight. I am quiet tall (5 foot 10) and I used to weigh in this range, but I don’t really have an end weight in mind, more so my goal is to be able to shop at ANY store and fit into the “standard” sizes.

I am always looking for supportive friends who log daily, have an open diary, and who communicate on their profile and keep up with their friends ! So if you are looking for more friends feel free to add me.:heart:

My current goal is to be 199lbs by July 12th,2014 which is when I am standing up in my best friends wedding. I am getting married in September 2014 and I plan on looking damn sexy for my man so I am determined to keep pushing through no matter how many “off days” or “off weeks” I have. I have been overweight for so long and have tried oh so many times with soooo many different “diets” and “fads” but this time, I am doing it the healthy way, I am doing it for ME and ME only. I know my fiancé loves me the way I am, but my long term end goal is to be able to stand in the mirror and say to myself “damn I look good” and fully mean it !

Below is a chart of my progress followed by some progress pictures. The ones on the left are from May 2013 and the ones on the right are from February 2014.

WEIGHT:
start: 268.4lbs
today: 225.6.2 lbs
down: 42.8lbs

WAIST:
start: 42”
today: 33”
down: 9”

HIPS
start: 51”
today: 45.6”
down: 5.4”

FOREARM:
start: 11.5"
today: 10”
down: 1.5”

UPPERARM:
start: 15.5”
today: 11.9”
down: 3.6”

CHEST:
start: 46”
today: 39”
down: 7”

THIGH
start: 31.2”
today: 26.6”
down: 4.6”

BODY FAT %
start: 51.97%
today: 37.8 %
down: 14.17 %

351a36b.jpg

o8rtpd.jpg

Replies

• 281Danielle
    Options
    Awesome Job!! Keep up the great work. I started last month weighing a little more than your start weight, post like these really help me stay motivated!!
  • ztoamom2
    Options
    Congratulations! I am a newbie and you are inspiring!

Jessica
  • LauraBalyk
    LauraBalyk Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job!! Keep up the great work. I started last month weighing a little more than your start weight, post like these really help me stay motivated!!

You've got this !! Congrats on starting your new healthy lifestyle, I definitely recommend reading the blogs often whenever you need motivation, they truly help so much !!
  • LauraBalyk
    Options
    Congratulations! I am a newbie and you are inspiring!

Jessica

Thanks so much Jessica, wow , to hear I am inspiring warms my heart and it also keeps pushing me more and more so I can help inspire others !!
    xo
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Congrats and you see the changes. My story is similar and you are a wonderful inspiration especially since I've been struggling that last couple of months
  • LauraBalyk
    Options
    Congrats and you see the changes. My story is similar and you are a wonderful inspiration especially since I've been struggling that last couple of months

I know the feeling about struggling sometimes ! I have been struggling the past two weeks, hoping to get out of the funk this week for sure !!!
  • evitaevita12
    evitaevita12 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting your inspiring story. Good luck on the rest of your journey!
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Looking good! Keep up the good work!
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    congrats! awesome job
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    WOW...you are doing great. What I read between the lines you wrote was confidence and commitment. You will do it! Very visible change and congrats to you.
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    you look great, congrats
  • sandy_gee
    sandy_gee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I freaking adore seeing these posts from you. Our starting points are the same (within 2lbs) and if I remember correctly we're both about 5'10.
    You're such an inspiration, all your hard work is so motivating and totally paying off. You freaking rock woman! :heart:
  • SaajidahM
    SaajidahM Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Your starting stats are very similar to mine, I just started in January 2014.
    Congratulations, you look amazing. Very inspiring to me!
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! Thanks for sharing. I are over my calorie limit the WHOLE weekend. Your story motivates me to get back on track!
  • ztoamom2
    Options
    You are!!!! Thank you!
  • kimstwin
    kimstwin Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    What an inspiring friend you are! Congrats on the loss, and I can't wait to see you as a bride!
  • jennifersmiles444
    jennifersmiles444 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Not a mini milestone...I'd say that's a major milestone! You've embraced a healthy lifestyle and lost 40 pounds. Congratulations, and keep up the good work:)
  • barbatteberysmith
    barbatteberysmith Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Your story is inspiring.. Thank You for sharing..
  • Marylynn60
    Marylynn60 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    :smile: Thanks for posting your journey! I have decided to start working out again because as you know healthy eating alone doesn't work very well. I started on the elliptical again and then read your posting. I hope to lose 25# by summer. Your story is a good motivator. Thanks!!
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are looking great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!