I need motivation buddies.

Options
Not having much luck keeping motivated. I really need to lose a lot of weight, and I'm getting older so I know it's only going to keep getting worse.

Anyone got any ideas on how to keep from getting bored while working out, and yummy substitute foods to keep my taste buds in line as well? Tips and tricks? Quick workouts that burn calories fast? p90x? Tell me your stories, I REALLY need help.

Female, early twenties, 250+ :(

Male and female buddies? (:

Replies

• BlubberBlaster78
    Options
    Hi, you can add me. I have 130lbs to lose. The more friends on here the better. You can do it:happy: I have an elliptical and stationary bike at home. I get bored just staring at the wall, so I watch movies on Netflix. Before I know it an hour has passed!
  • reichell11
    reichell11 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Add me, I'm adding all of you.
  • Cathymitz
    Cathymitz Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    you can add me. i try to get on every day
  • snbouchard81
    snbouchard81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I start off at over 200 pounds. When I was that heavy, I didn't want to work out in front of people. I got a couple sets of light hand weights from a local used sports equipment place, a yoga mat (that I bought new from like Walmart), and started checking videos out from the library. Once I found a video I liked, then I would buy it for myself. If you have Amazon prime they also have quite a few fitness videos that are available for streaming.

I also found Smart Girls Do Dumbbells by Judith Sherman-Wolin (http://www.amazon.com/Smart-Girls-Dumbbells-Judith-Sherman-Wolin/dp/1573223867/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392521723&sr=8-1&keywords=girls+do+weights) very helpful. She gears this book towards beginners with a 30 day plan that someone could do more than once at increasingly higher weights if they wanted. But more than that, I didn't feel so out of water when I saw people using dumbbells. So that helped me make the plunge when I decided I was ready to go to a gym.

I have come to love group fitness classes (but that took a while) because I feel like I push myself even more than I do when I am on my own. I will say it is all about the instructor--most instructors have been great about having me (still a pretty novice person) in their classes and I have connected with them. Sometimes I felt unwelcome--and I just didn't go back to that class. And sometimes I try a class and hate it so I won't do that one again even if I like the instructor. So it is always a trial and error sort of thing but for me more positive than negative experiences.
  • naomiebluer
    Options
    I was able to lose weight several years ago. And have kept it off. I don't know how to motivate another person, but I know what's helped me keep it off. I hate cardio! I joined a gym and mix my cardio efforts so my body never adjusts or gets complacent. I also watch tv, and listen to music nonstop while doing cardio. i also hate videos... I'm just not motivated to do them in my home. I started lifting weights and have found that is what has kept my metabolism High.
    All the little tips and tricks that are out there also worked for me, lots of water, a pedometer to increase my steps, and cutting all of my portions in half.
    Just reaching out is a huge step to getting healthy!
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I've never had a super large amount to lose but have my struggles.

First you have to find what works for YOU

does P90X work? yup! Would I recommend anyone just start there? Nope.... unless you're SUPER ready you'll give up in two weeks. What we want is to NOT Give Up Ever again!!!!!

Its a lifestyle change so you need changes you're willing to keep on doing and keep growing with!
  • phyllisbobbitt
    phyllisbobbitt Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I have sent you a friend request! I think together we can support & encourage each other!
  • SavageAbbey
    Options
    Hi there! I would love to help motivate! I need all the help I can get too!
  • roxigirl89
    roxigirl89 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You can never have too many friends who will support or motivate you. Feel free to add me in. :happy:
  • yahshuaislove
    Options
    Hi, I am the same way, needed foods that were healthy, filling and tasty lol. My go to food is vegetable stirfry, half bag of veggies with one cup of rice, it's my love, I wouldn't have stuck to this diet as long as I have w/o it. Also I eat a granola bar now instead of a snickers. Add me, we can motivate each other!
  • swissmish
    swissmish Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    You all can add me, as I am on here everyday and the more positive thoughts and motivation.....the better!
  • Joanne190914
    Options
    You can add me. I am looking to drop a dress size and tone up for my wedding in September :)
  • FitnessMeagan1105
    FitnessMeagan1105 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Everyone is welcome to add me. I am a daily logger and I always try to motivate.
  • kburket4590
    Options
    I'll add you! I'm in the same boat. I'm almost 24 and am looking to lose at least 70 pounds, just found out I actually weigh more than my boyfriend. He's being doing Krav Maga and eating better for about a year, so it make sense. But my motivation is for us to get engaged. I told him I don't want to be engaged if I feel so bad about myself, especially since you will often have your picture taken (engagement pictures, parties, people wanting a picture of you with the ring, etc.).

The best thing I can say about not getting bored is finding something you like doing. Try it all. A lot of places will give you a free class or a free 3 day trial to a gym, so find out where you can go to try new things. And as far as tip and tricks, yummy foods, etc, this is why I love Pinterest! I get SO many ideas from there.
  • bocktingl
    bocktingl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm right there with you. I lost about 50 pounds 8 years ago, but have gained much of it back. I would like some friends to travel this road with. I also feel it would help me to stay more accountable. I'm starting over again tomorrow.

Lori Bockting
  • GeordieRover
    GeordieRover Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    A recumbent exercise bike allows you many options, just pedal and do most things u can do sitting down on the couch.
    SERIOUSLY IT IS the best way a4 home to lose weight.
  • pvphillipsjr
    Options
    Just getting started.80 lbs needs to go due to diabetes need support
  • Kertz4
    Options
    Hi I am new to this and need some motivation! Feel free to add me! I will also motivate you!
  • OblivionWalker
    Options
    I will be your buddy, I also need motivation, it's very hard to eat better when having 3 kids..
  • Hi!! You can add me but Im more on my IG acct dedicated to my weightloss : @ashleys_wghtlossjrny My best advice for staying motivated. During workout is music. Great music keeps you going forever! Lol also switch up your workouts. Workout classes, workout outside, different routines different day. All are good. Hope you have success. Good Luck :-)