Options
Hi All. My name is Jena and I just joined last week via my phone app. So far I am loving this site! It's so convenient for keeping track of everything. I am a recovering yo-yo dieter looking to lose about thirty pounds by finally doing it the right way. I'm not cutting out any foods or following any plans other than simple calorie counting and exercise. I'm finally ready for a lifestyle change. I could really use some support as I'm going to have to make a conscious effort to not fall back into my old all-or-nothing mentality. Any advice anyone has is most welcome!!

Thanks!

Replies

• jenneyd
    jenneyd Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    welcome to the site Jena! I love it! I am new myself, just 2 weeks in. And I am with you, lifestyle change! I don't want to keep getting rid of my "fat" clothes, just to turn around and buy some more. ICK! Good luck on your journey! There are great people on here with great advice!
  • bigfrank3384
    bigfrank3384 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Jena, my name is Frankie and I truly understand what your saying. What is really sad for me is I had almost lost 100 lbs and gained a 1/4 of it back. Food is like the devil and its all about fighting the devil. I have a great week and then the devil smacks me and I jump off gaining all the previous weight I recently lost. Its a battle of will power totaly and I am ready to start again but like you I get discouraged or just simply think oh I can eat that it wont hurt too bad to man what did I do again. The best advice I can give you is to say NO! No matter what your urges are whether its junk food or good food eating too much is the killer. One of my other problems is I eat too fast. I dont allow my brain to catch up to whatg I am eating before I shovel more in. If you dont have this problem then disregard this advice.... Slow down on your eating and lastly what I think could possibly be the two most important ones, excercise,whether you dont feel like it that night or day or just simply dont think you have time cut it in even if its only a 10 minute cardio workout. Its still a workout. Lastly, look to this site for boosters from people like me and just some extra encouragement all the time. That I feel will help me to over come this I know i can. Also I forgot to mention look at whats good in your life like kids or a husband. I have two beautiful kids 3 and 1 and a beautiful wife that I need to continue to provide for. I cant be leaving this earth and leaving them behind because of some stupid decisions I keep making. I hope some or all of this helps you. Good luck and God Bless.
  • Mcogelia
    Options
    Welcome,

I am new also... just joined a little over 2 weeks ago. This website is amazing... whenever I feel unmotivated all I need to do is come on here and I am back on track! Best of luck to you :)

Michelle
  • juniper22
    Options
    Frankie: Thank you for the good advice. I do need to be more aware when I am eating as I find that helps a lot. I applaud you for bettering your health for yourself and your family. I'm really excited to make this lifestyle change but I have to make sure and be patient with myself or I'll fall right back into old habits. One day at a time is how I'm taking it. Good luck to you! It sounds like you've learned a lot already. :smile:

Michelle: Thank you so much for the warm welcome! I'm looking forward to re-motivating on here.

Jenneyd: I so hear you on the "fat" clothes thing. I can't wait to get rid of mine once and for all!

Good Luck to all of you!!