Fellow 30 Day Shredders

Options
Two questions:
1. I'm getting ready to move up to level 2 and I'm a little afraid. Can somebody give me a heads up? Is it a lot harder than level 1?
2. I have trouble doing the lunges because of bad knees, what can I substitute? Squats?

Replies

• Azzrielish
    Azzrielish Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Just my personal opinion - but I find it easier! There are some static lunge moves that are supposed to be harder but I find them easier!!!! Maybe I am doing them wrong.......

The cardio kicks my butt but the stuff with weights I find easier.

I started doing level 1 again after I moved to level 2 as my other half decided to start doing it with me and I can do level 2 immediately after doing level 1 so it cant be that hard :)
  • Sporty98
    Sporty98 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    There are "pendulum lunges" in Level 2 which I find tough. (You lunge back and then forward with one leg stationary, while doing bicep curls)....You could always substitute a static lunge for the moving lunges.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Yeah, watch out for the lunges in level 2. They're not nice. Just do whatever you can, as long as it doesn't hurt you. Let us not forget the walking pushups! You bend down, touch your toes, walk your hands out to a pushup position and then do a pushup. Walk back up and return to standing. I'm a weakling and those almost killed me the first couple of times I did them. It isn't that bad, though. I think it's my favorite of all of them. Level 3 is mean to me.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    done right lunges should help the knees. I have bad knees and i have strengthened mine so they are not as bad. Supplments help too and level 2 is not that bad don't stress out
  • 81Kyra
    81Kyra Posts: 115
    Options
    I am on level two i think somethings are little tougher, but its more fun.
  • MelissaKipke
    MelissaKipke Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I actually enjoyed doing a different level every day, so as not to get bored. I got better results that way, and it was more fun! Don't worry, I didn't think the levels got worse as they got up. Level 3 is my fave.
  • tbugg
    tbugg Posts: 7
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am new to the site, what are these levels that you all are talking about?
  • rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am new to the site, what are these levels that you all are talking about?

Jillian Micheals 30 day shred has 3 levels and she kicks butt I highly recomend it.
  • tbugg
    Options
    Congrats Nikkij, that is pretty good progress for just a few weeks. keep up the good work.
  • tbugg
    Options
    Oh, thank rnroadrunner. Im going to check it out
  • Jess21684
    Jess21684 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I LOVE jillian's dvds! 30 day shred was the first one i got and i still use it now and then. I really like her 2 newer ones the cardio one and no more trouble zones for toning!! :) they are all really good. I like how jillians dvds have diff levels so no matter what level of working out your at, you can do em! she always has ways to modify too, which is good I just bought Bob harpers new fitness dvds cardio rev and pure burn super strength and they r great! very challenging workout. if you love jillians dvds, you should try out bobs new dvds as well. I like to mix things up
  • Deegurrl
    Options
    I also have the 30 day shred dvd along with the hand weights but find myself having serious problems with my neck during this workout that leads to immediate headache. Anyone else have this?
  • ProTFitness
    Options
    Two questions:
    1. I'm getting ready to move up to level 2 and I'm a little afraid. Can somebody give me a heads up? Is it a lot harder than level 1?
    2. I have trouble doing the lunges because of bad knees, what can I substitute? Squats?

Make sure you are doing the LUNGE CORRECT!. I have Bad knees hips and thighs and ankles. This DVD never irritated them. Knowing how to do them the right way is HUGE. Also doing a squat will not subsitute for a lunge. When you build the muscles up around the knee that will help support them. Also have you tried supplemts for joints. I swear by Glucosamine,chondrodion,MSM combo joint supplement.
  • ProTFitness
    Options
    I love doing level 2 back to back or level 1 and level 2 at the same time. Great Burn and Great Workout