dating while living clean

Options
Hey everyone!!

So after becoming single before Christmas I have found that I have been dating a lot in the last month or so. However in the time post-breakup/ pre-dating I hadn't been drinking and had been eating extremely clean.
I'm finding it challenging to go on these dates and balance my personal fitness/diet goals because it always seems to end up at a bar or a restaurant where I can not keep to the kind of foods/drinks that I would if I wasn't dating.

Does anyone have any date ideas that I could suggest that would be better suited to my lifestyle? I don't want to be a hermit but I also don't want to eradicate all the hours I've been putting in at the gym...

Thanks!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :heart:

Replies

• HappyRunner34
    HappyRunner34 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    There are some pretty good clubs now that bring single people together for active dates. I know there are some running ones and also some outdoor adventure ones. I would also suggest the Day date - where you can grab lunch and do something active after or before. As far as night stuff...dinners are tricky but you can still control what you order. As for alcohol...I'm thinking if you can go on three dates with the same guy and not have to drink..he just may be a keeper!
    Have fun...its supposed to be fun!
  • SavageAbbey
    Options
    I went through a break up in October. I have been on a few dates as well. Instead of bars or clubs I have been to see plays at the Theatre, occasional Movies at the show, Boating in the Pacific, horseback riding and hiking. It's been a very nice change from what I've been used to in the past which was clubs and dancing.
  • mariann013
    Options
    That definitely sounds awesome! I think I just need to think outside the box a bit more and take some responsibility for what to do on a date!
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Even if you go the restaurant path, you could find a list of restaurants that suit you, having pre-screened their menus on-line.