Just over my calorie limit, by accident. Really...

Options
..no really. I added an item before I ate it as well as chose how much of it to eat based on what the MFP had for it's Calorie and Nutritional info. Well...I got curious because after eating I felt a little stuffed. Sure enough MFP was wrong and I went over 150 calories. Now...usually when this happens I go for a walk or a bike ride and listen to a sermon or something...but I was wondering if if I should do that or not?

Replies

• Jennili7
    Options
    I think it's good for you body to eat extra calories sometimes...it kinda breaks up the schedule you've got going on and keeps your body guessing. I use this plan pretty liberally on the weekends...:blushing: My food report looks like a crazy roller coaster but I've still been losing pretty good since I started in May. Cut yourself some slack..plus..it isn't your fault! :wink:
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I don't think 150 calories is a big deal - my opinion is if you're within your calorie goal by 150 in either direction, you're fine. Should have a calorie "range" goal instead of one specific number.... but if it REALLY bothers you, go take a walk!

:smile:
  • bubbapop
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up dude!
    Take it from a guy with 4 kids, every time you get a chance to take a prayer walk, a bike ride OR listen to a good sermon... DO IT!
  • Jennkho
    Jennkho Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up! We all exceed our limits sometimes, but it does you no good to get discouraged, especially over just a few calories. I'd suggest taking a walk if it's an appropriate time for you to do so, but not to worry about it too much if not. I generally just try to make up for it the next day if I can't work it off that same day (I did this on Thanksgiving, for instance, and still ended up losing my usual weight for the week). I can certainly relate to the annoyance of finding out about the calorie-count mistake after you've already eaten the item -- I'm sorry that happened to you! Please tag the false calorie count on the item to keep others from stumbling on the same mistake. Thanks, and keep up the good work! I was inspired to see how much you've lost in only a few months.
  • brandonryan86
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I did fix the mistaken entry on the database.

And thanks bubbapop...I enjoy them often!