I lost weight but now im gaining it back :3

Options
at the start of the month I lost 8lbs in January , I haven't changed anything i'm eating still stuck to a low fat / no bread diet and all of sudden Iv put on 5lbs in a week :3

I have no idea why but it's made me feel like I just wanna give up cause i'm trying so hard If i ate chips and loads of bread and chocolate I could understand but I really haven't :3

has anyone else gone through this stage and give me some advice I would really appreciate it ...x

Replies

• loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    If you open your diary we might gain a better insight as what you've described is very vague
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Weight fluctuates. I'm 4 pounds up from my last weigh-in because I ate a lot of salt yesterday. Things like exercise and time of month can cause you to retain water also.

It sounds like you're making things too complicated. Unless you've got a medical condition there's really no reason not to eat chocolate or bread in the context of a healthy diet with an appropriate number of calories.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

ETA: also low fat is not necessary and may be detrimental. Your body needs fat.
  • jwfuller78
    Options
    Yes we certainly need more information. No bread is fine (grains give me indigestion and heartburn), but low-fat is not necessarily a weight-loss method. To lose weight you must burn more calories than you consume while also feeding your body nutrionally, so no-bread and no fat is not going to guarantee weight loss.

The body actually needs fat (good fats), so you need to make sure you are getting what your body requires. I use macro-nutrient tracking to make sure I'm getting what I need. You can try www.iifym.com to plug in your information, along with exercise and weight loss goal to get your macronutrient numbers back along with total caloric intake.

The macronutrients are carbs, fat, protein, and fiber. All other nutrients (as long as you are eating whole, over-processed foods) generally fall into place on their own.
  • adcua
    adcua Posts: 1
    Options
    I have been trying to eat healthier. I've been eating 2-3 different fruits per day. Even if I only consume rice for one meal (I'm not a bread or rice person), I gained almost 4 pounds. The only difference In my food is the amount fruit. Before, I didn't eat fruit that much. Aren't fruits supposed to make you thinner or something? (Usual fruits: Papaya, Mangoes, Bananas, Rambutans, Watermelons)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to eat healthier. I've been eating 2-3 different fruits per day. Even if I only consume rice for one meal (I'm not a bread or rice person), I gained almost 4 pounds. The only difference In my food is the amount fruit. Before, I didn't eat fruit that much. Aren't fruits supposed to make you thinner or something? (Usual fruits: Papaya, Mangoes, Bananas, Rambutans, Watermelons)

No one food is going to make you fatter or thinner. What matters for weight loss/gain is calories.
  • jwfuller78
    Options

Hi adcua, what is the timeframe of the 4 pound gain? As ILiftHeavyACR pointed out, your weight can fluctuate quite a bit just over a 24 hour period. You have a lot of things going on in your body, you may have some water retention from too much salt, or you may have a lb of matter in your colon. If you combine those, you could weigh +2 lbs in one moment and -2 the other.

You really should only weigh once a week. Try to replicate the same conditions every week when you weigh. Like every Monday when you first wake up. Give it a + or - 1lb variance.

I go with the train of thought that nothing will make you thinner (or heavier) except genetics and calorie deficit (or excess). You can play tricks all day long with the latest magazine fads, but it all comes down to eating less than you're expending. I eat rice even though ti gets a bad rap, but I like it and I just count for the calories. I was in Korea and they eat rice and kimchi at least three times a day. They are skinny and live until they're 90 (and still walk up mountains at that age).
  • jwfuller78
    Options
    No one food is going to make you fatter or thinner. What matters for weight loss/gain is calories.

I second that :smile:
  • snowangel27
    Options
    Thankyou for the information :D