OT: I'm engaged.

Options
I just had to share my excitement with you guys!!!! My boyfriend of 2 years asked me to marry him yesterday. I knew that he was thinking of asking me for a while now, men aren't very good about hiding their feelings ya know!!LOL The ring is gorgeous. It was one that I saw about a year ago and said that it was the prettiest ring I have ever seen. I love him so much. He is a smoker and I told him that yes I would marry him but it would only be after he quit smoking. I thought that he would grunt and grumble about it but he said that he is going to call his doctor tomorrow to see what she can do to help him stop smoking!!! YEAH!!!

Replies

• ambertimmons21
    ambertimmons21 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I just had to share my excitement with you guys!!!! My boyfriend of 2 years asked me to marry him yesterday. I knew that he was thinking of asking me for a while now, men aren't very good about hiding their feelings ya know!!LOL The ring is gorgeous. It was one that I saw about a year ago and said that it was the prettiest ring I have ever seen. I love him so much. He is a smoker and I told him that yes I would marry him but it would only be after he quit smoking. I thought that he would grunt and grumble about it but he said that he is going to call his doctor tomorrow to see what she can do to help him stop smoking!!! YEAH!!!
  • laurie49120
    laurie49120 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You'll make a beautiful bride! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    Congrats.

Good luck with the smoking. My DH stopped cold turkey for me. I hope it goes smoothly for your husband to be.

SO happy for you.
  • ambertimmons21
    Options
    Thanks guys!!! I'm really excited!!!!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

Too bad the bridal magazines are 20 lbs, otherwise you could go through those. :laugh:
  • ambertimmons21
    Options

Too bad the bridal magazines are 20 lbs, otherwise you could go through those. :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ambertimmons21
    Options
    When I was overweight I dreaded the thought of having a wedding b/c I was not happy with the way that I looked, But now I am soooooo excited to go dress shopping!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to try on every one in the store!!!!!!!! I have to wait a few months though b/c it will take that long for me to see the results from my surgery. Hey that's just one more motivator to keep the weight off and bump it up at the gym!!! AWWW the gym.......I miss the gym...:sad: I can't wait till my surgeon says I can go back!!!
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    So happy for you:flowerforyou: Enjoy every minute of the planning:drinker:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Terrific news. And nice job on the smoking business. I did that with drinking when my hubby got serious. So glad I did too.

Congrats to both of you. :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    woohoo!!! Congratulations!!!
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Gratz!
  • fateschild
    fateschild Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Congratulation!! Welcome to the club. lol

I got engaged at the beginning of July.
  • runnerwithstyle
    runnerwithstyle Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    OMIGOSH!!! Congrats! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

000985hk9.gif
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    So happy for you...well, for you both. :) Ask him about Chantix for helping him quit the habit - it's great!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I'm confused...in your post about being bored, you said that your hubby bought you every magazine under the sun. Pet name maybe?

Congrats to you in anycase!!!:flowerforyou: