EMERGENCY!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Curious here - I know "jelly" is another name for jam but what flavour jam do you eat with PB?

IF I have that nastiness of childhood (sorry...FAR too many of those were mushed up in brown paper bags that made them taste funny), I use grape jelly or jam (there is a difference - jam spreads FAR easier) or strawberry preserves (more of the whole fruit is in those).

My go-to if I am having a sandwich with peanut butter is honey and banana. YUM! Toasted if possible!
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    I doubt there's much difference between the two..... sandwich has bread, peanut is okish, but jelly is not going to be particularly low cal. Pizza in never brilliant, but both are tasty.

Tricky!
  • elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options

IF I have that nastiness of childhood (sorry...FAR too many of those were mushed up in brown paper bags that made them taste funny), I use grape jelly or jam (there is a difference - jam spreads FAR easier) or strawberry preserves (more of the whole fruit is in those).

My go-to if I am having a sandwich with peanut butter is honey and banana. YUM! Toasted if possible!

That brown paper bag makes the sandwich. Why would anybody want to even TRY to eat a PB&J that has not been placed in a plastic bag and then into a paper bag at the bottom of your backpack for a few hours? ;-)
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Options

That brown paper bag makes the sandwich. Why would anybody want to even TRY to eat a PB&J that has not been placed in a plastic bag and then into a paper bag at the bottom of your backpack for a few hours? ;-)

The same reason I will just air dry my hands if brown paper towels are all that's available. The smell nauseates me.
  • cowpoke06
    Options
    I actually don't really like PB&J...It's all I ate every day as a child. However, I'm out of lunch meat so this is what I've got! I did go ahead and eat just one slice of cheese pizza. I'll save the sandwich for lunch tomorrow. Thanks for all the input guys! I love mfp because I can pre-estimate calories to see if it's really worth it to eat something. Now if only I can do that before dinner...lol. It was super tastey-no regrets!
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I actually don't really like PB&J...It's all I ate every day as a child. However, I'm out of lunch meat so this is what I've got! I did go ahead and eat just one slice of cheese pizza. I'll save the sandwich for lunch tomorrow. Thanks for all the input guys! I love mfp because I can pre-estimate calories to see if it's really worth it to eat something. Now if only I can do that before dinner...lol. It was super tastey-no regrets!

pb and j arent really all that good for you, and if you dont like it then im glad you wentr for the pizza-thats what i would have done
  • Yarnpiggie
    Options
    This thread cracks me up. I can't imagine ever thinking 180 calories for lunch was too much. The salad I just had, that was almost entirely vegetables, had more calories than that. (Don't send letters... I promise it wasn't full of crap that make salads at places like chilis deadly!) :-)

ooh and when I was a kid, my mother used to tell me that if I didn't like what she made for dinner I could make a PBJ or cheese sammich. She did this because she KNEW i would never agree, willingly, to eat either of those things...lol
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I would always choose the pizza. PB&J's are healthy enough to eat anytime.:-)

Shannon
  • Jennili7
    Options
    The last time I had pizza it was terrible...didn't live up to what I remembered. That sure does make it easier to say no! :tongue:
  • Yarnpiggie
    Options
    The last time I had pizza it was terrible...didn't live up to what I remembered. That sure does make it easier to say no! :tongue:

There are a few meals that I was hoping I wouldn't love anymore after 6 months of not having them. *sigh* Yeah... my very most favorite meal, which I suspect is over 1000 calories, is still made of awesome. :-/
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    This is an emergency??? Good grief!

Side note, pb&j is about 250 cals on whole wheat bread and low sugar jam so what tiny piza slice are u eating that's worth only 180 cals.
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    It's perfectly fine to have a cheat meal/cheat day and you shouldn't feel guilty about it. The PB&J is the healthier choice but don't deprive yourself of treats otherwise you'll want them all the more. One meal isn't going to ruin your day, just be sure to eat healthier for the rest of the day.

Oh and I agree entirely with heather. NOT an emergency.