Thinking about getting started

Options
If i was on a 1400 calorie diet would i need to exercise?
and if i did need to exercise would 1 hour everyday help me burn the weight? Any information is appreciated, thank you

Replies

• mungowungo
    mungowungo Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Short Answer is if all you're interested in is weight loss then no. But if you do exercise you get to eat more.

Longer Answer is your profile says you are male - you need more than 1400 unless you are very short or completely sedentary. You may also find it harder to stick to such a low intake long term - it can be better in the long term to go for a smaller deficit do some exercise and just be patient.

I suggest you do a bit more research, I suggest starting here - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants?hl=guide+path+sexy+pants

Good luck

Edited to correct grammar
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    You don't need to do anything to get started other than get started :)

Lots of people don't even exercise at first. It's great if you do, but don't make too many rules for yourself in the beginning. Pick one new habit at a time (like logging your food) and get good at it.

Finally, go through the MPF setup to find your calorie goal. Don't guess.
  • lambchoplewis1
    lambchoplewis1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Just looked at exercise vs diet for weight loss. Diet is 70% and exercise is 30%. Start now with diet and add exercise as soon as possible but don't wait to start until u can exercise.
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    stop thinking, start doing.

your lifestyle change, in terms of weight loss, should include healthy diet and exercise.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is 100% calorie deficit. You don't have to work out at all.

Thing is, I'm not sure where you got that 1400 calorie goal... as a 24 year old. Thing is, OP, you didn't give us much information to work with.
  • jonney1966
    Options
    As rockmama says choose one thing at a time, for me the real eye opener was the adding what you eat and it giving you the calories. I was shocked and some of the items and how many calories they contained. I work on reducing the calorie intake from 2500 to 1700 plus try and do a min of 30 min work out 6 days a week.