low-carb diet foods and snacks???

Options
I've started working on a low carb diet today due to my insulin resistance from PCOS... I have kept the carbs for today within my goal (yay!) but i could stand to have some more protein/fat in there... so my question is, what foods/snacks do you guys eat that are low in carbs but higher in "good" fat and protein?

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Beef and chicken
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I've started working on a low carb diet today due to my insulin resistance from PCOS... I have kept the carbs for today within my goal (yay!) but i could stand to have some more protein/fat in there... so my question is, what foods/snacks do you guys eat that are low in carbs but higher in "good" fat and protein?

Nuts. Cheese. Meats. Meat wrapped in cheese with nuts. :P etc.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    bacon. maybe Bacon dipped in peanutbutter.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options

Peanut butter.

Almond butter.

Chicken.

Ground beef.

Steak.

Salmon.

Almonds.

Pistachios.

Walnuts.

Sunflower seeds.

Pumpkin seeds.

Eggs.

Avocado.

Cheddar cheese.
  • SharonNehring
    SharonNehring Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is also great but be sure to check labels as some are low carb and some aren't. I like Dannon Lite & Fit. Mission carb control tortilla wraps are high fiber and protein with only 6 net carbs, so it's a great substitute for sandwiches. For treats, I love Skinny Cow products.

The rest of my usual foods have already been listed.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options

Or bacon wrapped steak with a egg on top...
  • kellymac518
    kellymac518 Posts: 132 Member
    Options

i don't eat pork :( lol
  • smilingrn
    smilingrn Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    For snacks I usually have the dannon fit and light greek yogurt, its really good thrown in the freezer for about an hour ahead of time! Also things like string cheese, and cheese sticks. I also use EAS protein shakes. 1-3 carbs, 100 calories, and 17g protein. They as well are good thrown in the freezer, ice cold and slushy!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options

Dont worry I got your solution... turkey bacon wrapped sirloin with an egg on top.
  • kbkeats
    kbkeats Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    lettuce wraps with peanuts, chicken, soy nuts & veggies are one of my fav low carb meals. Also a big fan of cauliflower and hummus as a snack!
  • kellymac518
    kellymac518 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Dont worry I got your solution... turkey bacon wrapped sirloin with an egg on top.

yes! the answer to all my problems :) :P