Carb / Sugar Goals

Options
I am pre-diabetic and have been told to watch my carb and sugar macros... I was just wondering what others use as goals for these values.

I am 5'4" and weigh 185 lbs. Attempting to lose.

I was trying to stay under 100 carbs and 50 sugars.

Replies

• PunkyDucky
    PunkyDucky Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I am pre-diabetic also (PCOS) and i've set my goals to 70 grams of carbs and 25 grams of (added sugars)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a reasonable number.

Talk to your doctor for more info.

I try to stay at around 125-150g carbs. I don't track sugars. I'm also not pre(or otherwise)diabetic.
  • donnat238
    donnat238 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    The advice I received from a dietician that works with diabetics....was to have no more than 35 carbs per meal and eat more lean protein and carbs from veggies and fruits. Cut out processed carbs, soda's and high fat items.
  • dontxstop
    Options
    human body can only hold about 1 teaspoon of sugar in the blood at any time any extra is converted so it doesnt kill you
  • SharonNehring
    SharonNehring Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    The dietician told me 30-45gm carbs per meal, no more than 135gm per day. You're looking for a steady amount of carbs throughout the day, not all at once. Always have protein with your carbs to help slow digestion if you can. And increase your protein and fats to keep you feeling full. She also told me to not really worry about sugar. Sugary foods are generally high in carbs anyways.
  • smilingrn
    smilingrn Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I currently am at 75 net carbs a day (carbs-fiber) and no more than 10-15 tsp of sugar a day. Now I am also on a supervised wt loss program, so im monitored. Naturally if your carbs are low, so will your sugar, they go hand in hand