my true story on loose skin

Options
Many people have asked, do you have loose skin when you lose lots of weight? Will it tighten up? I cannot speak for any one else's body but my own. I have lost 146 pounds. Every so often I gain 10 pounds and lose it. I have a major weight loss goal to get to 115. But this is what I have noticed. I have some loose skin pretty much everywhere, thighs, butt, stomach, breasts. Some of it got tighter over time, I lost a majority of my weight in 2011 and then 2012 is when i got to 140 but I am not done yet. I am going to post some pictures of my loose skin so you guys have an idea once I figure out how to post pictures. I want people to see it, and that some bodies will have skin that is loose in different. ways.
I actually started saving for my skin removal surgery this year and by next year plan to get it done.
What I have learned is that majority of people are pretty positive, especially men that I have dated concerning loose skin. There will be some shallow jerks who will say something negative, but remember, those people have their own securities and cannot deal and are not worth tears. I learned this the hard way. I let someone tell me I was not pretty because my body did not meet their expectations. I learned that I am more than the way my body looks. We all are. If someone cannot get past it, they are not important. Forget them. Losing weight and maintaining is not an easy journey. So the snags that along with it, in my heart, my loose skin is my reminder of what I have done. Yes I want to remove it so I can wear the smallest bikini ever, but for right now, I know me.

I just wanted to share this for some people who are afraid of losing too much and have loose skin. If you lose a lot of weight, yes, you will most likely have loose skin apparently if you have lots of stretch marks or have to lose in excess of a certain amount of weight. I spoke with a doctor concerning this and he said everyone is different and in my case, I do not have that much elasticity. Oh well. I also smoke, that is a big no no concerning elasticity. Well, here is my story and I hope it helps the secret sufferers who know their skin is loose. You guys are not alone, but guess what? I do not let it get me down because I still look good. I love me and yes I cannot wear bikinis outside, but I dress well when I am out and I do get compliments, but I know there is more to life than that. I will be posting more pics soon, ones of my skin to show those who have just started.

Replies

• brandi712
    brandi712 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    You, ma'am, are an inspiration. Thank you for sharing your story. I have loose skin on my belly due to pregnancy and losing weight. I hate it with a passion but it's me and I've accepted it.
  • ajanmillie
    ajanmillie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    You are very welcome. I feel like some people are afraid to address it. But it happens and I have it and I accept it. If i could just learn how to post pics of my skin on this site!
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this- I have lost a total of 164 lbs in 2 years and you can imagine the loose skin I have- not a pretty sight. I still cannot look in the mirror without my clothes on, but with clothes on I can't stop looking! LOL

Congrats on your success and your fabulous attitude! You inspire me.
  • VegGirl62
    VegGirl62 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this!!! I have stretch marks from 3 large pregnancies and am afraid owhat my tummy will look like after I lose the weight. I am trying to lose it slowly...about a 1/2 to 1 pound a week to maybe help with the loose skin problem and to keep the weight off. I really, really appreciate your honesty for posting this!! :)