Fitness Tracking Wristbands. Up or Fitbit?

Options
I am getting really excited about my diet and fitness progress and want to get myself one of the daily fitness tracking wristbands in order to help keep track of my progress and to keep me motivated about my health. The reviews i have read are really up and down and i was wondering if anyone has any personal experience or advice? the thing that i am most concerned about is longevity (since the specs seem relatively equal) since they are so expensive.

Replies

• CindyB97
    CindyB97 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have the UP24, the one that syncs wirelessly with your phone. I've had it for about 2 months so far and love it. I have had no problems with mine though on the Jawbone forum there are several people who have posted quality-control issues. Jawbone is good about sending replacements when necessary, but I can see how that could be frustrating. Of course, Fitbit may have the same issues, I don't get on their forums.

It's really a matter of personal opinion. I think they each have their pros and cons that even out the playing field (quality of app vs. website, etc.). For example, the Force displays some data on the band itself, whereas the UP24 doesn't; you have to get all the data from the app. That is not an issue for me, as I"m looking at my phone all the time anyway! And many people say the UP app is more helpful and easier to use than the FitBit app; my husband can attest to this as he has a FitBit One. The other side of that coin is the FitBit website is more user-friendly than the Jawbone website. Like I said, you probably won't go wrong with either of them. Neither are perfect, so just make a choice and go with it.

To be honest, I got mine at Best Buy and was planning on getting the Force but they were out, so I got the UP24 instead. I do like the looks better than the Force, so I am happy I got the UP instead.
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    fitbit flex is also good!
    I've had mine since xmas, it sends you weekly emails to show your progress which i really like!
    Its fun, i think data is motivating, you can see which days you need to move more, and i really like it..

i think either is fine, just up to your preference.
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I really love my Fitbit Force. I had bought th Fitbit Flex last Fall then shortly there after learned that the Force would be released. So I pre-ordered it. I've had my Force since mid-November and love it! Customer service is great if you have questions as is the Fitbit online communties. It's fun to have Fitbit friend to compete and encourage on a daily basis. It syncs up nicely with MFP and also, my company is doing a 12 week fitness challenge and I found out that I can sync up with that as well so I don't have to enter my exercise minutes manually.

If you buy either from best buy, you can return it within two weeks for a full refund if you dont like it. What ever you decide, I'm sure that you will find yourself doing all kind of crazy things to reach your daily step goal and enjoying every minute of it.
  • cynthb65
    Options
    I've been using the Up for close to a year now; I have no experience with the FitBit. I am very happy with the way the Up syncs with MFP, and I really like the vibrating alarm (really useful if you get up at a different time than your significant other). The options for the Up on MFP allow it to add negative calories to your day if you are less active than usual.

I had to exchange the Up after about 9 months because the LEDs stopped working properly; the customer service response was excellent.
  • nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I've been wearing an UP band for a year now - had to get a new one in July (free of charge) - I love it. The app is great - gives me the info I want-