Just cancelled my membership . . .

Options
After 6 years of frustration, I just canceled my Weight Watchers subscription. Since a friend introduced me to MFP, I've realized that I was paying WW a whole lot of money for nothing. I know that I need to track what I eat and what I burn off in exercising, I also know how much I should eat in a day - so why pay that big corporation lots of money each month?

Thank you MFP!!!

Replies

• LoriArchi
    LoriArchi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    WW didn't help me either. I learned more information from friends. My rep like to push the food. I think this site is easier to use. Keep up the good work.
  • goingwithgrace
    goingwithgrace Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    MFP helps you really understand the nutrition aspect. It's great!
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    Welcome! WW worked for me, but I've since canceled since signing up here, too. I've learned more about my body here and it's free!
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    WW for me focused mainly on how to get the most food all the time. Eating-eating-eating focus. As a matter of fact, my Mom is a WW Life-er. She's been on WW for almost her whole life! Bigger than ever, and always binging after loosing. MFP focus has been healthy. And I find myself maintaining easier, focusing on getting more exercise instead of the attempts to binge on a diet.
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    Aww hell...I had subscribed to the magazine...did not renew, they hound me like crazy. I love it here!
  • BughaBear
    Options
    Good for u I think its also a waste of money cause u can do all that u need here on MFP for free!!
  • Mandy0223
    Mandy0223 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Wow, I was going to try this program..but now I do not think it is a good idea. I'll stick with this website. There is a lot of motivation here and at the end of the day, it shows me how good I've done and the possible weight I could be at in 5 weeks. It's awesome!
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I'm a Weight Watcher lifetime member but have suffered with the yo-yo dieting for many years ~~~ until now. A few days ago, a friend told me about this FREE online food diary program and I absolutely love it.

It's keeping me on track and I'm paying closer attention to portion control and accurate weighing and measuring every single thing that goes in my mouth. Lost 7.6 lbs. in two weeks. This is a great way to stay on track ~~~ for life :):happy:
  • Tmac125
    Tmac125 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I did WW for two years. It worked for me, but you do get to a point where you don't really learn anything new. You're paying all that money for basically a support group. My BFF Jenn found this site for a group of us, and I really like it. Now, I'm still doing my points, but I've dropped them down to better get to the calorie suggested here for me. I like being able to see the nutritional info so that I can adjust that as well. I'm awful at eating fruits and vegetables, but eat lots of low calorie, fat free, sugar free (but still tastes good) food. This site really helps me evaluate what I do eat. I love it. And we get support here too! I started WW Jan 2007 at 400lbs and got down to 240. I got tired of always counting my points so tried to "maintain" on my own. So I gained 60, lost 60, gained 60, and now I'm dropping that 60 again thanks to this site! I love the iphone/ipodtouch app, it makes logging my food a breeze!
  • carolww
    carolww Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I tried WW too and it worked for a time. When it comes down to it, its still you that has to do the exercise and food planning and tracking etc. No-one can do it for you and I get better support here than at WW.
  • gennybunny
    Options
    I did weight watchers on and off for 10yrs and all I lost was a lot of money and 10 lbs. It never taught me how to live in real life. In life there are calories not points, food manufacturers deal in calories not points. I love mfp it helps me deal with real life.
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I'm a WW lifetime member but have not kept active with it.

I joined at the age of 16 and it worked for me, I went back after quitting smoking one or three or four times and after my daughter was born. It always worked for me when I stayed on track.

I don't care for the changes they made to the points system.

Also I think with WW you get out of it what you put into it. The weeks I stayed for the meetings were always great and the weeks I just weighed in and left I found I was not as motivated.

What works for one person doesn't necessarily work for the next.

Karen
  • halzuzu
    halzuzu Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I did weight Watchers and it did help me lose and keep off 55 pounds. It taught me portion control and moderation, but what it didn't teach me about was paying attention to exactly what I am putting into my body. With MFP I am paying more attention to the nutritional values of foods..fat, sugars, protein, carbs, fiber, etc and in turn making much healthier choices. Sure on WW I could eat a burger for 10 points but from what I've learned on MFP I could eat like a king with that many points, stay satisfied and reap the healthy benefits of the better choices I'm making.