28 left to lose and getting discouraged

Hi, I am in Dublin, Ireland and am using this site to track my calorie intake as well as loosely following Slimming World. I have lost 13lb already in the last 5 weeks with a Biggest Loser bootcamp my sister signed me up for. That ends at the end of this week, and I have had no loss this last week as I fell off the wagon, so to speak.

I am eating between 100 and 1700 cals a day on average, and doing Ripped in 30 workouts 5 days a week, as well as 30 minutes fast walk on treadmill in my lunchhour and 3-4 workouts a week on the Biggest Loser but my losses seem to be slow and I am getting discouraged.

Height: 5ft, 5.5 inches
Current weight: 10 stone , 6 lb = 146 lb
BMI is about 24 or so.

Any advice? I presume my diet is available to view-and yes, I ahve a very sweet tooth. Before this I would survive almost solely on chocolate, candy, sweets, biscuits, diet drinks and a proper dinner. The headaches made me stop and I no longer get them...but I am slipping and the sugar is always calling me. LOL

Replies

• rocketblaster
    rocketblaster Posts: 50 Member
    Hi There,

I've been doing this about 6 weeks now and I hope that you won't give up. I had a week with no loss (about 3 weeks in) I felt so frustrated because I'd been very good. I felt like the previous two weeks were flukes - I told myself that no matter what I was giving this three months - no quitting until three months were up. Glad that I didn't let that little road block stop me because the following week I was a loser again.

I am finding weight loss isn't linear, some weeks post bigger loses than others, a "cheat" or treat can't undo an overly healthy diet so try to keep things healthy and overall you'll see the scale budge.

Good luck!
  • valj20
    valj20 Posts: 14 Member
    First off, hell yeah to losing 13 and keeping it off! That itself is something worth celebrating over! Good on you.

Like what Rocketblaster said, just have to keep on keeping on. It's surely discouraging to not see the numbers go down but remember to also measure your waist, hips, thighs, etc. I bet that you're getting into a different shape (more muscle, less fat) which can be hard to see in the mirror.

Another good pick-me-up is looking at old photos of yourself next to new ones, you'll seriously see the change there. It always motivates me and helps me see that I am doing the right thing by being on here and continuing the journey.

One more and then I'm done! To get the sweet tooth fix, dark chocolate! Or chocolate that has no milk in it.

Best of luck!
  • bigislandryan
    bigislandryan Posts: 18 Member
    I shouldn't lecture as I fall off the wagon all the time, but my advice is to go back to your original motivations. Review them, update them, add to them. If you lose sight of your BIG WHY, then its easy to quit. I know. Are you doing it only for you? For family? For spiritual reasons?

Also connect with the list of benefits. Rewrite the benefits to you personally of being at your ideal weight and fitness level. Write down the psychological/emotional/spiritual benefits. Do it on paper, with pen. Build a list of at least 25 benefits. Just re-writing that list will get you recommitted. Seriously. Making lists is powerful!!

Do that daily if you need to. Don't quit. You aren't alone in this.

-Ryan
  • failteromhat
    failteromhat Posts: 33 Member
    Actually lost 2 lbs so only 26 lbs to go now, so happy to keep going. Thanks for the motivation guys :-)